• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Krakow. Any good?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Krakow. Any good?"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh I believe the speech(which is at Xmas) will be a doozie. Luckily I'm not Best man.

The British Consular turned around (when his missus phoned) and basically said 'tough' They dont like pissed Englishman so they're gonna teach them a lesson.

Naz Drovier!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    hmm

I bet you had fun with the speech!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Luckily for them, the two Polish guys admitted they were trying to mug them, as opposed to the bit of shouting in the high street that resulted in one of our party punching first and asking questions later.

Arrested, seperated, shackled hands and feet, stripped naked and thrown in a bare cell with 20 others, no phone call, no water, no toilet.

That'll teach them.

Polish police. Harsh but fair.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Doing their bit for the image of Brits abroad. Excellent work.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Carnage. Absolute carnage.

Stag & one of the party spent 16 hours inside a prison on the outskirts of the city for having a punch up with some Poles off the main square.

My brother was the stag and is a complete tw@t.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Right about London. I stormed out of one of those places (bravely defying the threats of the 4'11" lady manageress) a couple of years back when they trid to charge me £35 for sitting down at a formica table in an empty cellar.

PS Krakow? Isnt that something to do with concentration camps or huge volcanoes?

Leave a comment:

• Judge Fred
    replied
    I don't know about Krakow, Polish men have never really been my thing.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Whats the weather like this time of the year?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    All the bars around the market square are a good a place as any to start. I can't comment on the brothels as I went with my girlfriend and apparently that isn't considered good form when one is with ones partner...

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Don't go anywhere near the brothel-type places. A chap at my site went a few weeks ago, and the group were forced to pay over £600 to avoid getting the tulip kicked out of them by the bouncers. If I see him I'll ask the name of the place, but by all accounts they are all up to the same scam, e.g. girly sits down, you buy her a drink, it goes on your slate, slate arrives, drink cost £150. Bouncers arrive clutching baseball bats etc etc.
    That scam operates in London as well

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Off there for a stag do at the weekend?

Do's & Don'ts?
    Don't spoil a lovely city by using it as a yobs' stag dive.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "If I see him I'll ask the name of the place, but by all accounts they are all up to the same scam, e.g. girly sits down, you buy her a drink, it goes on your slate, slate arrives, drink cost £150. Bouncers arrive clutching baseball bats etc etc."

Oh let me know where it is. 2 of the party are dickheads who deserve a kicking. Let me know the place and I'll make sure I get a taxi to take them there!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Don't go anywhere near the brothel-type places. A chap at my site went a few weeks ago, and the group were forced to pay over £600 to avoid getting the tulip kicked out of them by the bouncers. If I see him I'll ask the name of the place, but by all accounts they are all up to the same scam, e.g. girly sits down, you buy her a drink, it goes on your slate, slate arrives, drink cost £150. Bouncers arrive clutching baseball bats etc etc.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Krakow. Any good?

Krakow. Any good?

Off there for a stag do at the weekend?

Do's & Don'ts?

Working...
X