• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "From the pro-business Govt, with love..."

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean you don't want loads of directorships for doing SFA, and money for giving after dinner speeches where no one listens to you? There me thinking you wanted to be as rich as that "peace loving" Tony Blair and "honest" David Cameron.....
    Nah, would not feel like I've earned it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    MPs now are for career politicians who would otherwise a complete failure in life. Any successful person would not contemplate getting involved with that tulip.
    You mean you don't want loads of directorships for doing SFA, and money for giving after dinner speeches where no one listens to you?

There me thinking you wanted to be as rich as that "peace loving" Tony Blair and "honest" David Cameron.....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If you are happy to remain a back bencher you can say what you like once elected. However it's best to start as a councillor first, which is a thankless job, as it will enable you to brown nose the local party who select the MP.
    MPs now are for career politicians who would otherwise a complete failure in life. Any successful person would not contemplate getting involved with that tulip.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am too honest to get elected
    If you are happy to remain a back bencher you can say what you like once elected.

However it's best to start as a councillor first, which is a thankless job, as it will enable you to brown nose the local party who select the MP.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Maybe we need a few more MPs that have actually run a small business. Next election aTW... I'll vote for you.
    I am too honest to get elected

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Hmmm you mean like Defence Secretaries that have actually seen service, Education Ministers that have taught, Health Secretary's with perhaps a medical qualification?

Naw - it will never catch on
    Well, not in the UK anyway...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...badass-colonel

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Maybe we need a few more MPs that have actually run a small business. Next election aTW... I'll vote for you.
    watch out the russkies are coming!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Hmmm you mean like Defence Secretaries that have actually seen service, Education Ministers that have taught, Health Secretary's with perhaps a medical qualification?

Naw - it will never catch on

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You know he (well, maybe one of his many public service minions) reads CUK and he's only doing this to piss you off, just you, no-one else
    I am actually counting on it

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    You know he (well, maybe one of his many public service minions) reads CUK and he's only doing this to piss you off, just you, no-one else

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Oh, by the way, I'd like to take this opportunity to send a special Xmas message to knut Osborne on the subject of VAT -

... what kind of fookwit in HMRC decided that:

1) VAT return is 1 month after quarter end
    2) EC Sales list is about 20 days
    3) The Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) - is a bit different from #2

What the fook could not it be one single cut off date, ideally 1 month?????

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic From the pro-business Govt, with love...

From the pro-business Govt, with love...

" The boss of one micro firm said that it would be “better to go on the dole than try and run a business” under the new regime. "

“Quarterly filing would double our accountancy fees, which would be such a financial burden that we may as well not bother to run a business at all.”

Source: Small business owners 'better off on the dole' if proposed tax return changes go through - Telegraph

When fookwit Osborne first mentioned that he removes Annual Tax Return I thought he is a lying scumbag, but it turned out he said the truth

Working...
X