• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Independence Day : Resurgence"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    They do perhaps over-egg the "moody" vibe if that's what you mean? I love Independence Day though it's no cinematic masterclass, but it IS full of humour and is quite light-hearted and very up-beat. You don't seem to get that these days much.
    Maybe they're trying to be taken seriously.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Although in jan there is one about the Catholic Church in North America with a tonne of high profile actors, can't wait for that one.
    Oh dear. Any high-profile child actors?

I'mk finding a lot of these new S.F. films are drearily bleak and pessimistic "old man's films".

The Aliens prequel was a good example, and I won't be surprised if Independence Day 2 next year is another

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Looks good

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Went to see starwars today, all the pre film ads were remakes; bfg, turtles and another Harry potter type and starwars itself are there no original ideas?

Although in jan there is one about the Catholic Church in North America with a tonne of high profile actors, can't wait for that one.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    that will teach him to refuse!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm going to hold on to low hopes, because then it's likely I will enjoy it. Going into a movie with a huge sense of excitement nearly always leads to disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Piss poor or good sequel?
    Thanks for the heads up
    I've been waiting for this
    my whole life

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    You will have to provide 6 months worth, of bank statements, first.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stryker007 View Post
    No Will Smith in this one so your ok
    He is killed off between the films

The Fate of Will Smith's Steven Hiller from Independence Day

Leave a comment:

• filthy1980
    replied
    never realised they were making a sequel

think the first one was the last time me and my dad went to the cinema together to watch a film

wouldn't want to take to take him to watch the sequel now, he's got parkinsons, the popcorn would go everywhere

Leave a comment:

• stryker007
    replied
    No Will Smith in this one so your ok

Leave a comment:

• Martin Scroatman
    replied
    Never been a Will Smith fan except for the Legend of Bagger Vance which is an awesome film.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    started a topic Independence Day : Resurgence

Independence Day : Resurgence

Working...
X