• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas?"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And for the NCOTBAC cyclists....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    New TV.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    For the COTBAC cyclist

24K Gold Extreme Mountain Bike - The House of Solid Gold

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Why did that immediately make me think - Where is Suity?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I like spending money on pointless things now and again.
    Why did that immediately make me think - Where is Suity?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Interesting you refer to "you guys" as if you are addressing the CUK clique. I am still awaiting my invite.
    sorry you were blackballed.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    Some money as after being permy for 3.5 years I now skint for the first time before xmas.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I had grappa for the first time in life last night and it was fecking strong and brilliant. Thanks yo santa

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    Their vodka is delicious, and I was drinking shots of the premium stuff.

They had barman's special (3 zloty), and premium/premium flavoured (5 zloty).

I ain't no cheapskate.

(7 zloty = £1 when I went, so like, 60p shots)
    Just avoid the cannabis vodka it is truly awful

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
    A flash flood that wipes out 90% of other devs with my skillset

or

A contract in poland, cos I went on holiday and every bird I saw was 9/10 or above, soon as I came back I realised what a bunch of fat slags we all are
    Sure you weren't just pissed on the Vodka over there?

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Holiday in Poland? Cheapskate
    Their vodka is delicious, and I was drinking shots of the premium stuff.

They had barman's special (3 zloty), and premium/premium flavoured (5 zloty).

I ain't no cheapskate.

(7 zloty = £1 when I went, so like, 60p shots)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

That's a lot of mileage
    yep, and that includes 17 months working 8 miles from home Currently doing 128 miles a day!

But then again it also included driving down to the south of spain and back again.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    What's the secret, some of my neighbours make their own with their own honey but it tastes like vinegar and makes home made scrumpy seem mild

Do they not leave it to distil long enough, or are they just stingy with the honey

I'd just like to suggest improvements, so I don't have undrinkable presents next year (And the rest of my neighbours would be happy with something more drinkable as fine)
    This is my first proper batch after one small trial so I don't really feel qualified to answer. I'm aiming for a sparking product around 5% rather than a more typical wine-strength mead. I've done half with satsuma zest, and half with redcurrant juice (from our garden ) for a refreshing, sparking drink.

The issue I find is it doesn't end up very sweet because all the sugar gets fermented, unless you do something to address this. If it's very strong that's probably just because they use a lot of honey; I wonder if they might be getting some wild yeast/bacteria in the ferment if it doesn't taste good at all though.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    95k to the clock in three years

That's a lot of mileage

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    He is confusing me actually, you could say he was cut out as he bought the personalised plate for image purposes.
    You could say he isn't cut out as he drives a banger on a regular basis.

He's done me.

When I say banger its an 8 year old Toyota Avensis, but I have added 95k to the clock in three years so zero resale value, the plate will move to the Jag soon

Leave a comment:

Working...
X