• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Luggage

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Luggage"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Hope you are going to expense them

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I'm struggling to get this past my sniff test. Are you saying bed bugs are allergic to hard cover suitcases?
    I'm saying there are fewer seams and corner reinforcing patches and tears for them to creep into and hide, or lay eggs in.

But of course if you leave your clothes in a heap in the hotel floor near the bed, I suppose it makes little difference what type of suitcase yiou use!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Although they look good quality, the wheels look way too small and close together.

I'd sooner pull a suitcase resting on something like a sturdy folding golf cart, with large and widely-spaced wheels.

That way won't wobble and fall over each time I change course by a couple of degrees or pull it over a heavily laben ant!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If you're travelling somewhere tropical, or slumming it, it's best to have a hard suitcase to minimize the chance of bedbugs creeping into it.

I know someone (not me - haven't been abroad for years) who brought bedbugs back home in their suitcase, and they're sods to eradicate!
    I'm struggling to get this past my sniff test. Are you saying bed bugs are allergic to hard cover suitcases?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    If you're travelling somewhere tropical, or slumming it, it's best to have a hard suitcase to minimize the chance of bedbugs creeping into it.

I know someone (not me - haven't been abroad for years) who brought bedbugs back home in their suitcase, and they're sods to eradicate!

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I find that statement is often inaccurate.
    Especially if you're a thief.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Perhaps avoid 'made in China' labels... in fact 'Made in America' and quality never mix.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    As with all things in life you get what you pay for.

Few years ago I got me a Ortlieb Big-Zip - Reisetasche, it has wheels too and is air/water tight. Never let me down yet.

https://www.globetrotter.de/shop/ort...?sku=133185004

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
    My old Globe Trotter suitcase that I bought in the 1980's is still going. It looks a bit battered these days but hasn't broken. It doesn't have wheels though.
    Free excercise.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    My old Globe Trotter suitcase that I bought in the 1980's is still going. It looks a bit battered these days but hasn't broken. It doesn't have wheels though.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What sort of trips are you doing?
    Generally a 1-week holiday, where the case will be transported by car/bus/train and then live in the hotel/villa. Typically we take one medium-sized case each rather than one huge one.

My preferred form factor would probably be a traditional suitcase but with wheels on one or both ends for ease of carrying (and my wife has a bad back).

I hadn't really considered a hold-all, but since this is checked baggage I'd probably prefer something a bit more rigid for when we bring back bottles of booze
    Last edited by d000hg; 10 December 2015, 13:27.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    To wrap or not wrap 'tis the question
    I think you're looking for the My Lunch thread.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    To wrap or not wrap 'tis the question

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    I have the small Eastpack £100 case for mid-week, weekend travel etc, you can get a heck of a lot in, and it is a very well designed case - it opens like a book.

It is also accepted on Ryanair flights, so no worries about taking it on-board.

Eastpak | John Lewis

Leave a comment:

Working...
X