• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rip-off Britain Again!"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    As a country the UK is rather dependant on people using cars to drive the economy. Public transport does not match other countries where petrol is cheaper. Here in Munich you've got trams, underground, s-bahn with double hight rail coaches, high speed city to city rail network at a fraction of the cost.

You could forgive high petrol costs if public transport was awesome, but it's not. Overcrowded, full of germs, expensive, and never on time!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I had no idea Europe included Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, The USA and Israel.

BTW if you look at petrol prices Britain is #5. So it's only diesel dummies that suffer, which is fine by me.

I don't suffer.
    The guy in the petrol car behind me trying to keep up when I regen the DPF, he's the one who suffers...

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I had no idea Europe included Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, The USA and Israel.

BTW if you look at petrol prices Britain is #5. So it's only diesel dummies that suffer, which is fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    That's known as spread betting.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Daily Fail can't decide if JC or the immigrants. Whereas CUK is firmly of the opinion it was Andy W's mums fault

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    So, electricity prices - the companies are very quick to put their charges up, saying they buy their oil on futures, but the futures prices have been dropping through the floor now for months yet the companies are doing nothing.

Money grabbing fraudsters.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Increase petrol to £10 a litre. Use the money to reduce road vehicle licence duty for bicycles to zero.

HTH
    Bad idea - rich f***ers don't like cyclists at the best of times now you are giving them an excuse to drive to fast and not see any other road user.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Increase petrol to £10 a litre. Use the money to reduce road vehicle licence duty for bicycles to zero.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Must of the fuel cost is tax. And you pay VAT on that.
    All in it together

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Daily Fail can't decide if JC or the immigrants.
    Depends on whose property price is higher ...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is it Jeremy Corbyn's fault?
    Daily Fail can't decide if JC or the immigrants.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Much of the fuel cost is tax. And you pay VAT on that.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 7 December 2015, 11:04.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Is it Jeremy Corbyn's fault?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Sort it this way and once again UK is #1

Fuel-prices-europe.info - Current Fuel Prices in Europe

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    started a topic Rip-off Britain Again!

Rip-off Britain Again!

Most expensive fuel, it should be below £1 per litre by now.

Fuel-prices-europe.info - Current Fuel Prices in Europe

Working...
X