• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dashcams

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dashcams"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are aware there are some elderly drivers and some female drivers who will only go at exactly 40 mph regardless of the road?

I've actually been on dual carriageways and let the poor lorry drivers out.
    Thank god for you, Sue.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    [QUOTE=BolshieBastard;2178319]Anyone who drives at 40mph on a dual carriageway where the national speed limit applies (look it up) and more so on a motorway shouldnt be driving on those roads.

Id venture to say they shouldnt be driving full stop if they are that timid or not capable of driving over 40mph.
    /QUOTE]

Don't need to look it up as it's 70.

I actually understand the frustration of the lorry driver as I've been stuck behind mopeds doing well under the speed limit.

And I actually agree with you. If you can't keep up with fast traffic on those roads then don't go on them.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    You are aware there are some elderly drivers and some female drivers who will only go at exactly 40 mph regardless of the road?

Anyone who drives at 40mph on a dual carriageway where the national speed limit applies (look it up) and more so on a motorway shouldnt be driving on those roads.

Id venture to say they shouldnt be driving full stop if they are that timid or not capable of driving over 40mph.

Ive told my wife and kids under no circumstances to drive at less than 60 on a motorway else they'll be in amongst HGV's. Obvious exceptions are when speed restrictions dictate a lower speed limit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I hope they both say sorry to each other, have a hug then go for a pint. If only the world worked that way.
    nope they are both dangerous I would prefer they were off the road.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    WTF is a lorry doing in Lane 2 anyway? They should be kept in Lane 1 only. Makes my blood boil to see these twunts in Lane 2 and 3 of a 4 lane motorway slowing down all the traffic.

And dont get me started about them elephant racing on a dual carriageway! twunts!

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    WTF is a lorry doing in Lane 2 anyway? They should be kept in Lane 1 only. Makes my blood boil to see these twunts in Lane 2 and 3 of a 4 lane motorway slowing down all the traffic.

And dont get me started about them elephant racing on a dual carriageway! twunts!

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I hope they both get prosecuted. lorry for dangerous driving and car driver for lane hogging.
    I hope they both say sorry to each other, have a hug then go for a pint. If only the world worked that way.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That's entirely different. There are some idiots in London who decide random strangers are in their space, and push them.

In the case of the car driver, it's a shame no one else had a dashcam on to show a middle lane hogger in action.
    I hope they both get prosecuted. lorry for dangerous driving and car driver for lane hogging.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Man 'pushed under' London Tube train at Kentish Town station - BBC News

This sounds like a CUK person who spotted someone standing on the wrong side of the escalator and decided to get CUK vengeance...
    That's entirely different. There are some idiots in London who decide random strangers are in their space, and push them.

In the case of the car driver, it's a shame no one else had a dashcam on to show a middle lane hogger in action.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    No excuse for the lorry hitting him, but he was driving like a knob in the middle lane.
    So why bring it up? First it is people driving too slowly. Then cyclists. Then those standing on the wrong side of escalators at tube stations.

In a similar way contractors who described the offshore mob as clearly not paying their fair share are now moaning wildly at the PSC changes. Even though 90% of the great unwashed would agree with HMRC.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If someone is driving too slowly, it is not appropriate to ram them.

Oh I forgot. Its general. Start a lynch mob. And driving too slowly probably means doing less than a ton....
    Man 'pushed under' London Tube train at Kentish Town station - BBC News

This sounds like a CUK person who spotted someone standing on the wrong side of the escalator and decided to get CUK vengeance...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    [QUOTE=BrilloPad;2178054]If someone is driving too slowly, it is not appropriate to ram them.

Oh I forgot. Its general. Start a lynch mob. And driving too slowly probably means doing less than a ton....[/QUOTE]

HGV's are limited to 60 mph on a motorway and should be fitted with mechanical limiters that actually restrict them to 56 mph. That lorry overtook with no real trouble and the car looks like it's doing about 50. It certainly wasn't gaining on the truck in front in the inside lane.

No excuse for the lorry hitting him, but he was driving like a knob in the middle lane.
    Last edited by DaveB; 2 December 2015, 15:26. Reason: Lorry, not Larry.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I see lorries and mini buses driving like that all the time.

It's amusing when the police pull on to the motorway as one thing most of them haven't learnt is if you are going to drive illegally use your bloody mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If someone is driving too slowly, it is not appropriate to ram them.

Oh I forgot. Its general. Start a lynch mob. And driving too slowly probably means doing less than a ton....

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Lorry is screwed.

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q590.htm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X