• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Offer Accepted, Property still on Market"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You went through a broker?
    Did not know that hookers provided that service. ! ? !

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Well, the broker fee is refundable.

You went through a broker?

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by Antman View Post
    Refundable?

I wouldn't have thought anything is refundable (or rather claimable) until after exchange. Do solicitors work for free if you or the seller change your mind?
    Well, the broker fee is refundable.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    EA tells me a memorandum of sale has been issued & that the solicitors are talking.

In other words, this is up and running so I'm a bit concerned it's ostensibly still on the market despite the noisesade by the EA to the contrary.

But at least at this stage everything is refundable.
    Refundable?

I wouldn't have thought anything is refundable (or rather claimable) until after exchange. Do solicitors work for free if you or the seller change your mind?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    EA tells me a memorandum of sale has been issued & that the solicitors are talking.

In other words, this is up and running so I'm a bit concerned it's ostensibly still on the market despite the noisesade by the EA to the contrary.

You are worrying for no reason. If the website is slow to update, even if someone calls to view the property the agent would tell them its on offer. It happened to me many times when we were buying a house.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I didn't read the first post correctly.

Yes, what is he whinging about, he's nowhere in the process yet. A total non event "making an offer".

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    replied
    EA told me property was coming off the market when offer was accepted on Friday. Property still showing For Sale on RightMove & EA's website.

I smell a rat...

Would you proceed with the mortgage application & survey under these conditions? I can see myself getting gazzumped & a few grand going down the drain.
    This is standard estate agent procedure I'm afraid. Ultimately an agent works for the vendor and not the buyer. Their job is to secure the highest offer they possibly can. Once the survey is booked in, you can usually negotiate that the property is taken off the market. The reason being is that you have been seen to have put your hand in your pocket and demonstrated you are a serious buyer.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    At this stage it should be "Offer accepted". The buyer hasn't got his finances together and the solicitors haven't started talking.
    I didn't read the first post correctly.

Yes, what is he whinging about, he's nowhere in the process yet. A total non event "making an offer".

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    True, but they are supposed to change its status to "sold subject to contract"

At this stage it should be "Offer accepted". The buyer hasn't got his finances together and the solicitors haven't started talking.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The estate agent has to put any offers they receive to the vendor. That is a legal requirement.
    True, but they are supposed to change its status to "sold subject to contract"

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Estate agents work a bit differently to Recruitment agents. Once an offer is made and accepted, they just move on to other properties. There is nothing in it for them to try and get a few grand more from some other chap. Their commission is miniscule compared to the transactions times and the business depends on quantity.
    Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    It is not yours until you exchange. They don't want to turn away potential punters.
    The estate agent has to put any offers they receive to the vendor. That is a legal requirement.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by mdhd View Post
    It is not yours until you exchange. They don't want to turn away potential punters.
    Standard practice is you demand they take it off the market or at least list it as "under offer". They can always put it back on if the sale falls through, but they shouldn't be talking to other people once an offer is accepted.

Leave a comment:

• mdhd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Estate agents work a bit differently to Recruitment agents. Once an offer is made and accepted, they just move on to other properties. There is nothing in it for them to try and get a few grand more from some other chap. Their commission is miniscule compared to the transactions times and the business depends on quantity.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Get the mate to say he's a cash buyer, quite happy to pay well over asking price, something in it for the agent too...
    Lets be fair to the agent here(only estate agent - recruitment agents still get a good shoeing).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X