• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Where to live?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where to live?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Deary me would sensible suggestions be so hard?
    They have already been made.

Now it's time to rip the p*ss out of the lazy and cheap f***er who started the thread.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Deary me would sensible suggestions be so hard?

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    If I drive for a few minutes down my drive, I eventually reach the main road, once past both gatehouses.

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    If I drive for a few minutes down my drive, I eventually reach the main road, once past both gatehouses.

HTH BIDI
    INKSPE, why do you need a drive shouldn't you use the hellipad

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Come to think of it, probably not... [emoji8]

HTH BIDI

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    True. Hate living on main roads. You ever tried it?
    Come to think of it, probably not... [emoji8]

Look young people, us silver foxes took all the money and all the lovely big spacious houses with land in the best areas. It's been great and we're fooking loaded.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Most large Victorian houses are on a main road
    True. Hate living on main roads. You ever tried it?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    On the main road. Nice.
    Most large Victorian houses are on a main road

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Sunny Slough nice straight grade 1 on Ofsted

Castleview Primary School, Academy (including Free Schools) in Slough | RM School Finder

St Bernard's Catholic Grammar School, Maintained School in Slough | RM School Finder

Upton Court Grammar School, Academy (including Free Schools) in Slough | RM School Finder

Langley Grammar School, Academy (including Free Schools) in Langley | RM School Finder

Property for sale in SL1 - Houses for sale in SL1

sorted

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    On the main road. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Imagine what that house might be worth if it was somewhere people wanted to live.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    FFS, the obvious answer is Swindon.

8 bedroom semi-detached house for sale in Croft Road, Old Town, SN1

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Chippenham, it's on the M4 and on the mainline to Paddington via Reading.
    Last edited by FarmerPalmer; 27 November 2015, 16:13.

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I think you have been brainwashed by the Indian outsourcing companies that cheap is best !
    Quicker is best - cheaper is bonus.

Everybody want free ring ding.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Where to live
    So an IT worker, working along the M4 corridor, mostly working in and around Reading. 2 kids one primary and one secondary.
    Want a 3 bed semi with garage and drive, guaranteed catchment area access to an ofsted rated one (or two at a push if absolutely essential but no worse) primary and secondary school. Want to live within walking distance to a train station.
    Within commuting distance (say an hour by car) of such jobs, and meeting these requirements, where is the cheapest place to live? Or selection of the cheapest places?
    Any ideas?
    Cheers
    I think you have been brainwashed by the Indian outsourcing companies that cheap is best !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X