• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Being told to take time off over Christmas and New Year"

Collapse

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I was told that I had to take some time off over Christmas and into New Year.....

by my wife.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    NLYUK will use it on you. Very cheap rates. Just mention "CUK" for an extra 25% off.
    I almost choked on my tea

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I'm quite new, am I still allowed to see it?

NLYUK will use it on you. Very cheap rates. Just mention "CUK" for an extra 25% off.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Come here little newbie. Would you like to see my rabbit?
    I'm quite new, am I still allowed to see it?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Lol. That's a splendid idea actually. Not to sure admin would agree but I sure handled in a reasonable and measured way that would work!
    Just lay out the sweetie trail for the newbies to follow.

Come here little newbie. Would you like to see my rabbit?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Lol. That's a splendid idea actually. Not to sure admin would agree but I sure handled in a reasonable and measured way that would work!
    It would definitely work.
    I always thought General was for General questions about contracting, after all

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    NLUK just kills off the supply of fresh meat to general.

Instead off "have you read the first timers guide" he should put "have you asked that in general".

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied

Instead off "have you read the first timers guide" he should put "have you asked that in general".
    True, this is where all the "fun" happens .
    However, I have seen some first timers, in here, that only post once

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    We've always got NLUK

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    What will you lot do without me?
    We've always got NLUK

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY its Brillo!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Saves you embarrassing yourself marrying a perm at any point in the festivities.
    FTFY its Brillo!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Initially it was 21, 22, 23, 24 and 29. Just added 30 and 31. Which I already had off. Only difference is that I will be locked out instead of away.

Can I do more whining or do I use up my whine quota on the first post?

Additionally, if not at work, I probably wont sign in to CUK. What will you lot do without me?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    FTFY

Saves you embarrassing yourself over a perm at any point in the festivities.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    At least I am honest. Maybe I should pretend to be a jet setter?
    Support, name of BrilloPad? You're a kin pot washer aren't you?!?

No, must admit, like the idea of forced leave, especially over Christmas. Saves you being treated like a perm at any point in the festivities.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Can I whine, moan and b1tch about this publicly while secretly being pleased?
    I share in this vision of "Schadenfreude"...I work in Cloud, so 10 days off before Xmas means the sky better remain blue during the furlough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X