• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New UK passport design"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Really? in a UK passport - and you don't see anything odd about that
    A passport used for foreign travel?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Well they couldn't really put Indian and Chinese takeaways in the passport. So they had to put a Chinese dragon and an Indian dancer, then threw in a Notting Hill carnival participate for luck.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Because he deliberately posted the only image that contained anything "Foreign", .

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ah, thank you. A bit of context is always good - hadn't twigged it was just one page. In that case, I like it
    Quisling

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I wouldn't be in a rush. He's conveniently omitted the fact that that particular image represents "Festival Culture" based around the Edinburgh Festival and the rest of the pages have the following subject matter. The overall theme is "Creative United Kingdom".

John Harrison
    John Constable
    The Penny Black
    Steam Transportation
    Sir Giles Gilbert Scott The London Underground Elisabeth Scott
    Antony Gormley
    Anish Kapoor
    Shakespeare’s Globe
    Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace Brilliant Buildings

You can see them all here : New UK passport design

And get the official Passport Office info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...O_magazine.pdf

I'd put them in directly but there are 9 of them and finding versions that don't block direct linking is more hassle than I'm prepared to go to.
    Tosh - should be only Edinburgh Tattoo, Welsh Eisteddfod and Glastonbury represented, rest is just pandering to johnny bloody foreigner

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    I don't spend enough time staring at my passport to give a tulip, as long as it gets me out of, and into, the country I'm happy.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't that image celebrating all the nations we've crushed in the past?
    Why do you think it is in there? It was the "making" of this country, we no longer have anything else left to boast about....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Isn't that image celebrating all the nations we've crushed in the past?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Not enough women in it allegedly
    Too right, it needs that great British tradition -- Page 3

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I don't like the jigsaw puzzle pieces.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    How is it misrepresenting the passport when he showed an image that is actually in the passport?
    Because he deliberately posted the only image that contained anything "Foreign", and then linked it with a complaint about an apparent lack of Britishness i.e. no Morris dancers. Implying in the post that political correctness / Multiculturalism has forced out a "British" image in favour of an Asian one and that this was the only image used.

I suspect eh moonlights for the Daily Mail or possibly the Express.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Not enough women in it allegedly

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    In what way? The Americans don't pander to multi-cultural bollux and none of them get offended by their own flag or military. So if what Google shows me is their passport (patriotic bald eagle, flag and words from the constitution) what's wrong with it?

P.S. Well done to the OP for mis-representing the new British passport, by showing the page which has the Indian lady on it, not the other pages which are much less multi-cultural. Troll by name, troll by nature.

How is it misrepresenting the passport when he showed an image that is actually in the passport?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I wouldn't be in a rush. He's conveniently omitted the fact that that particular image represents "Festival Culture" based around the Edinburgh Festival and the rest of the pages have the following subject matter. The overall theme is "Creative United Kingdom".

John Harrison
    John Constable
    The Penny Black
    Steam Transportation
    Sir Giles Gilbert Scott The London Underground Elisabeth Scott
    Antony Gormley
    Anish Kapoor
    Shakespeare’s Globe
    Charles Babbage and Ada Lovelace Brilliant Buildings

You can see them all here : New UK passport design

And get the official Passport Office info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...O_magazine.pdf

I'd put them in directly but there are 9 of them and finding versions that don't block direct linking is more hassle than I'm prepared to go to.

Ah, thank you. A bit of context is always good - hadn't twigged it was just one page. In that case, I like it

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Thanks for this. I'm suddenly wondering what the hell I've done with my passport.

The front of the UK passport is all in French anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X