• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Antarctic Ice Sheet growing"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    No, I think what he's saying is "You're incredibly stupid"
    I think everyone knows that. So what about explaining why I am wrong for the benefit of my simple mind

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I'm not sure the relevance of your question, is it the usual attempt to shy away from a serious topic until you get the opportunity to call someone stupid?

I don't know if I can fly a Tornado GR4. I have never asked if I can fly one and I have never claimed that I have flown one.

Is it in one of your dreams that I'm flying a Tornado and I drop my massive load on you? Have you been talking to AndyW's mum?
    not at all, we had a chap on here once who made big claims !
    one of his claims was that he flew his tornado back from Italy with a bowl of pasta on his lap.
    he will have finished his porridge-tasting-course a few years ago, and I always thought he would come back

just checking

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    The cessation of the Syrian civil war would be a serious threat to ISIS.

The US, EU (Turkey especially), Russia and Syria combined could deprive ISIS of funding and other resources.

Turkey could cut off Islamic State’s supply lines. So why doesn’t it? | David Graeber | Comment is free | The Guardian

Both serious reasons for ISIS to fear countries negotiating to achieve, though in the short term they probably have more to fear from Dassault Mirages...
    That's more like it, they have lots to fear and peace talks are some way down the list.
    They are on a fanatical high right now, and history tells us that that wont last

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    but you can fly a tornado ?

I'm not sure the relevance of your question, is it the usual attempt to shy away from a serious topic until you get the opportunity to call someone stupid?

I don't know if I can fly a Tornado GR4. I have never asked if I can fly one and I have never claimed that I have flown one.

Is it in one of your dreams that I'm flying a Tornado and I drop my massive load on you? Have you been talking to AndyW's mum?

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    The cessation of the Syrian civil war would be a serious threat to ISIS.

The US, EU (Turkey especially), Russia and Syria combined could deprive ISIS of funding and other resources.

Turkey could cut off Islamic State’s supply lines. So why doesn’t it? | David Graeber | Comment is free | The Guardian

Both serious reasons for ISIS to fear countries negotiating to achieve peace, though in the short term they probably have more to fear from Dassault Mirages.

I can fly a Chipmunk, but I'm not sure what all this has to do with the Antarctic ice sheet? Maybe start a fresh thread for poorly-substantiated Green-bashing?
    Last edited by pjclarke; 19 November 2015, 12:26.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    No, but that's because I'm not stupid.

but you can fly a tornado ?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    you have not answered my questions.

tell me, have you ever flown a tornado with a bowl of pasta on your lap ?

No, but that's because I'm not stupid.

As for your questions, I've trawled through a few pages of garbage from you and the nearest thing to a question was one of your usual loaded ones...

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    so you believe that peace talks are what ISIS fears most ? less Walt and more yes/no please

I believe that PEACE is what ISIS fears the most. If there is peace, then they have nothing to fight for. Nothing to kill for. No justification (even if it is only in their own minds) for their violence, and no reason for their existence.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    How is it worse?
    you have not answered my questions.

tell me, have you ever flown a tornado with a bowl of pasta on your lap ?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    omg, that's worse

How is it worse?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    omg, that's worse

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Here's the non-edited statement...

As Paris mourns its dead and cares for its wounded after the hideous weekend attack, the Green Party today said that it was important to ensure that we did not act in ways that fuel ISIS and terrorism.

Green Party leader, Natalie Bennett said:

“There is a real risk that amongst the outcomes of the heinous attacks in Paris will be increased fear and division, the stirring up of Islamophobia and an impulse to retreat from the compassion and support with which Europe has so far met those fleeing ISIS in Syria and Iraq.

"ISIS does not want to see that compassion, inclusion and displays of fraternity.

"While sensible screening measures and checks need to be maintained; to cut off escape routes for desperate people fleeing war and persecution would only play into ISIS's hands.

"We cannot let the actions of a handful of extremists dictate our response to the ongoing refugee crisis. The Green Party will resist calls to reduce Britain and Europe's access to refugees and are redoubling our calls for Britain to welcome its fair share of the refugees reaching Europe.

“We also want to acknowledge and highlight the way in which so many communities around the world live with regular similar atrocities, including attacks in Beirut, Ankara, Baghdad and Kabul. And we need to note that the actions of Turkey in attacking Kurdish communities fighting ISIS within Syria have been disastrous, damaging, and deserve the strongest condemnation."

Green Party foreign affairs spokesperson, Tony Clarke said:

“The killing has to stop and world leaders must find a way forward that defeats ISIS using the weapon that these terrorists fear most of all, peace talks.

“There were signs over the weekend that those talks may now have some new foundation and I would encourage presidents and prime ministers to recognise that the drones cannot provide a solution and pick up the phones and find a way of halting this never ending circle of death.”

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So you are saying that both sides are equally culpable and that neither ISIS or the west has any right to claim what they are doing as just?
    No, I think what he's saying is "You're incredibly stupid"

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    You mean just like the people on here advocating going in to kill all Muslims to show how powerful "we" are?

What else is there to believe from hypocrites who see the only solution as being violence?
    So you are saying that both sides are equally culpable and that neither ISIS or the west has any right to claim what they are doing as just?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Attention seeking immature males who are empowered by killing. What else is there to believe?

You mean just like the people on here advocating going in to kill all Muslims to show how powerful "we" are?

What else is there to believe from hypocrites who see the only solution as being violence?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    Good grief. Please tell me you don't actually believe this.
    Attention seeking immature males who are empowered by killing. What else is there to believe?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X