• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The best and worst places to live in the UK, ranked by quality of life"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    So the city with the worst crime in the whole of Scotland is the city with the lowest crime rate in the whole of the UK? That I could believe that. Violent crime in London has skyrocketed recently.
    As there is more than one city in Scotland that statement can never be possible, yet you think you could believe in it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    So the city with the worst crime in the whole of Scotland is the city with the lowest crime rate in the whole of the UK? That I could believe that. Violent crime in London has skyrocketed recently.
    There are more people living in Greater London than the whole of Scotland.

Since people in Scotland have more space they are less likely to come into contact with the fewer neighbours they have....

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    All I see is the top 10 and lowest 10 best potentials for new property acquisitions

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Violent crime in London has skyrocketed recently.

I had to pay the Council Tax somehow fella.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    WTF is Devon at the bottom?

It’s official! Devon named as best place to live in the UK | Exeter Express and Echo

Utter tosh. Country Life magazine voted it the best place to live in England. And I find it hard to argue with that having lived and worked in a variety of places across the entire Island.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    So you living in London now?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I was watching Scots Squad today and I thought it was real as in Motorway Cops! For a bit.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "Edinburgh has the lowest rate of reported crime in the UK"

When 2 days before the police admitted the crime in Edinburgh was the worst in Scotland...

Edinburgh crime rates are 'highest in Scotland' - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Slough in there at 6

Leave a comment:

• LucidDementia
    replied
    Nottingham pays the most in council tax at £1,676 a year
    Interesting. How come I pay £2300?

Can I get a rebate please, or some sympathy?

Sod it, I'll settle for a hug.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

I live in Devon. The squalor is unimaginable. Can you believe that my nearest Waitrose is 16 miles away? I don't know how I cope.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Creator of BBC cop comedy Scot Squad reveals how Police Scotland officers helped him create spoof script - Daily Record

(Funniest show on the telly, btw)

BBC One - Scot Squad

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    The best and worst places to live in the UK, ranked by quality of life

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    So now you want to be considered part of the UK...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    FFS, South Lanarkshire and North Lanarkshire make the top 10...

Cumbernauld, Coatbridge, Airdrie, Motherwell, East Kilbride

...I wouldn't send my worst enemy to stay in one of these places.

And if that wasn't enough evidence to suggest the 'findindgs' are crap in the original article in the mirror where the telegraph lifted the story from ( yes, really ) it was found that...

"Edinburgh has the lowest rate of reported crime in the UK"

When 2 days before the police admitted the crime in Edinburgh was the worst in Scotland...

File the whole survey under complete mince and please stop posting complete mince as if it is informative, accurate and interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X