• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Agent just went mental with me..."

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    No it won't be in an email, it's not even true. It's just the usual bollocks from the same old twat, wanting to post a "Things are tulip in England and much better in any other country in the world" thread. Check his posting history. It's pretty much the only topic of every thread and post he makes.
    Oh look, a sockie

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    The schools here are awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    No it won't be in an email, it's not even true. It's just the usual bollocks from the same old twat, wanting to post a "Things are tulip in England and much better in any other country in the world" thread. Check his posting history. It's pretty much the only topic of every thread and post he makes.
    He's right though, ZIS VUD NEFFER HAFF HAPPENED IN NAZI GERMANY!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Agent just went mental with me...

It was an earful down the phone. Jumped up city boy hoping to land a fish before the weekend no doubt. He ranted about how long he spent on the phone with me as if that were currency.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 23 October 2015, 10:06.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
    What as in an email? If so do "show and tell" (personal details removed obviously) I could do with a good belly laugh to start my weekend wind-down.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Isn't it time to lose the '45' branding? Or do you just WANT to wear a "I'm a loser' badge?

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    He went Nuclear bombastic.
    What as in an email? If so do "show and tell" (personal details removed obviously) I could do with a good belly laugh to start my weekend wind-down.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Great story lol. That's you on the global contractor 'blacklist' then You must be quaking in fear right now.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    The agent failed your interview and didn't get the gig, I would have done what they do to us on a regular basis, ignore them and provide no feedback
    That would be a major error. Gigantic smugs are very hard to come by in this world, so every smug should be treasured, honed polished and then revelled in.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Complete

Keeping it as short as possible.. a London based agent contacted me about a job in Germany (not the first agency to contact me about this job and I informed him so). I'm interested. As he continued he sounded like a right del boy, complete hard sell. Professionalism would not be a word I use to describe his manner. After 15-20 minutes I told I'd come back to him. He then went on a rant about how bad everyone else was.

Spoke with agent B in another european country. Worlds apart. He knew how contracts worked for freelancers in the EU, knew the system. And above all spoke well. He was my choice. I felt comfortable being represented by him in what is a niche market for me.

So I wrote an email to agent A: Dear xmcx, I regret to inform you that on this occasion it is not my wish for you to represent my candidacy with regards to xx position. But if I may I would like to hold on to your details for some future opportunity.

The agent failed your interview and didn't get the gig, I would have done what they do to us on a regular basis, ignore them and provide no feedback

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Sounds ideal.

I mean would you want such a representing you, in any case?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Agent just went mental with me...

Agent just went mental with me...

Complete

Keeping it as short as possible.. a London based agent contacted me about a job in Germany (not the first agency to contact me about this job and I informed him so). I'm interested. As he continued he sounded like a right del boy, complete hard sell. Professionalism would not be a word I use to describe his manner. After 15-20 minutes I told I'd come back to him. He then went on a rant about how bad everyone else was.

Spoke with agent B in another european country. Worlds apart. He knew how contracts worked for freelancers in the EU, knew the system. And above all spoke well. He was my choice. I felt comfortable being represented by him in what is a niche market for me.

So I wrote an email to agent A: Dear xmcx, I regret to inform you that on this occasion it is not my wish for you to represent my candidacy with regards to xx position. But if I may I would like to hold on to your details for some future opportunity.

Working...
X