• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend thread"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Did you bang the bottle of plonk on the table after someone won it?
    Don't be silly. You don't bang the items. You have a hammer or something. I used a ladle.

This lunchtime I mostly spent washing up after the feeding of the 100 refugees from the local centre. Now watching the latest episode of "Unforgotten".

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Acted as auctioneer at a charity auction yesterday evening. Hard work, but good fun.
    Did you bang the bottle of plonk on the table after someone won it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Acted as auctioneer at a charity auction yesterday evening. Hard work, but good fun.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    TFA. Picking up my new push bike in the morning, popping to local outdoor market for some tasty morsels, rugby in the afternoon.

Sunday - christen the bike then more rugby.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    being bored. nothing to do.

except boozing.

I need an adventure

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Packing for possible completion next week. Packing, packing, sorting, dismantling. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    TFA

Tonight - packing, I'm a bloke remember & watching The Man in the High Castle ep1 & 2 on prime.

Tomorrow taking Mrs V & Mistress number 3 to a nice 5 star hotel in Turkey with our kids.

Sunday start with Sauna, Turkish bath and beach then polish off the day with complementary food & booze!

rest of the week rinse & repeat.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Bollocks. Had a bottle of wine and it's only 7pm.
    Ouch...

Be strong big boy!

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Yep. Used to wander around the estate long before Centre Parcs was built.

Leave a comment:

• Gumbo Robot
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    Centre Parcs, yay!
    Longleat?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This weekend I will be staying in, avoiding going to the pub or drinking alcohol.

It's one week in, I've been working out, on the running machine, been on a diet and I've had one beer and one glass of wine. My lowest intake of alcohol since I was 5.

I've put 3lbs on.
    Bollocks. Had a bottle of wine and it's only 7pm.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Centre Parcs, yay!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Topless volleyball?

Though he is sending me a free (fresh) replacement next week. It just means I have to slow cook some pork belly on Sunday instead of the planned roast chuck.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'll be working on SKA

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Rugby and beers tomorrow. 90% confident NZ will win but you just never know.

Wife's birthday on Sunday so off to fancy lunch

No presents this year - we're doing a 3 week West coast road trip instead :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X