• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lessons learnt this week."

Collapse

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    I can't make decisions so let fate make them for me and it doesn't always work out well / very expensive mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Never assume that you have trapped your opponent's sword and simply charge in, especially if he is one of the best fighters in Europe.

Otherwise you might end up with whiplash.

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied
    I can't make decisions so let fate make them for me and it doesn't always work out well.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    8. Never use ducktape from Rymans. It doesn't stick very well when wet and doesn't dampen down noise properly.
    Wikipedia has an article on Duck Typing. But Duck Tape has defeated it

edit: Oh flip, I checked to be doubly sure and their article on Duct Tape starts

Duct tape or duck tape is cloth- or scrim-backed pressure-sensitive tape - often coated with polyethylene. ...
    So I owe you a drink MF
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 October 2015, 14:23.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I can hear muffled screaming from next door where a rather large man, with pockets full of pies, lives.

What shall I do?
    Leave FLC to go about his business as normal.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    I can hear muffled screaming from next door where a rather large man, with pockets full of pies, lives.

What shall I do?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    WTF? You can use Rohypnol on an outdoor sound system???
    Of course, you won't hear a sound out of it

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Now, a real professional has a completely sound proofed cellar.
    Rohypnol usually helps, also.
    WTF? You can use Rohypnol on an outdoor sound system???

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    8. Never use ducktape from Rymans. It doesn't stick very well when wet and doesn't dampen down noise properly.
    Now, a real professional has a completely sound proofed cellar.
    Rohypnol usually helps, also.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Mrs MF got out again?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    Shoot the Invaders column by column, never row by row

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
    I thought SY01 was still looking for a contract?
    He's probably worse.
    We are talking about someone who didn't see the need for defining columns in a reporting BRD

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    6) keep spare batteries handy for ones plasma rifle in a 40 watt range
    40 Watts?

If you're killing ants one at a time - But I find ant powder is more effective.

Leave a comment:

• Forgotmylogin
    replied
    7) Never assume that the BA allocated to your project is anything more than a useless, incompetent, brain dead moron.
    I thought SY01 was still looking for a contract?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X