• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Poe Francis climate change irony"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    e.g. Pope Rejects Lunch with Boehner, Pelosi, McConnell, Reid: He will be Dining with the Homeless

Like Corbyn I guess - you might utterly disagree with everything he says and believes in, but he does at least seem to put his money where his mouth is, practice what he preaches, etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    I don't listen to a word the man says anyway, so /shrug. He has little to say that is of interest to me.
    This pope seems to talk a lot of sense, I think. Not because he's the pope... he just seems a good egg.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Er, isn't that a Fiat who now also own Chrysler?
    Yes, but the Fiat is not in the news yet!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If they were really keen on the environment they would forego the fish and eat lentil and marmite bake.
    Well millions of people eating lentils is really helping the environment

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He is doing his bit - driving a small engined Volkswagen...
    Er, isn't that a Fiat who now also own Chrysler?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Same here, but it's ironical that someone so unimportant to me says something ironical that it interests me
    Maybe he's caught onto the fact that selling the "green" alarmist feckwittery can be cast in the same light as the Church selling "salvation" a couple of centuries ago. Nice new business venture, with plenty of cash to tap into. Plenty of gullible sheep to herd into his flock for what is otherwise a declining business model.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 23 September 2015, 18:45.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Pope Francis urges action on climate change on visit to US
    He is doing his bit - driving a small engined Volkswagen...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    I don't listen to a word the man says anyway, so /shrug. He has little to say that is of interest to me.
    Same here, but it's ironical that someone so unimportant to me says something ironical that it interests me

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    It is funny to see US politicians who promote themselves as "good Catholics" to get votes squirming a bit because they are in total horror at Pope Francis's anti-poverty stance and non-consumption based approach.

http://www.ibtimes.com/catholic-gop-...tricky-2109405

“If the Pope stuck to standard Christian theology, I would be the first in line,” U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., wrote in a lengthy column at conservative website TownHall.com. “But when the Pope chooses to act and talk like a leftist politician, then he can expect to be treated like one.”
    Translation - hey Pope - get your f****** tanks off my lawn.
    Last edited by centurian; 23 September 2015, 16:56.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Blimey Catholics have "Power Over Ethernet" called Francis? I suppose it fits in with Bonjour for odd names.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    If we could provide them with the proper launching facilities they could do us all a favour and blast themselves into a low orbit.
    They can't God's chosen people beat them to it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo

OMBQ

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If they were really keen on the environment they would forego the fish and eat lentil and marmite bake.
    I didn't say Catholics were keen on the environment.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If we could provide them with the proper launching facilities they could do us all a favour and blast themselves into a low orbit.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Great arguments BP.

And I thought Catholics already forsook meat on Fridays... so that's a 14% reduction

Leave a comment:

Working...
X