• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: VW , who next

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "VW , who next"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Oh dear, Porsche now along with gas guzzling SUV's: VW emissions scandal widens to include Porsche claims | Business | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ah, the benefits of sharing common components, makes the cheating that much cheaper...
    Does that mean that all computers with an Intel processor aren't actually doing what it says on the box?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Ah, the benefits of sharing common components, makes the cheating that much cheaper...

Leave a comment:

• raphal
    replied
    no surprises..

Audi and Skoda say 3.3m cars have 'cheat' emissions software - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Milanbenes is rich, Rich I tell you!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I don't get this. Can someone explain.

Suing is for recovering a loss, if I'm not mistaken.

What loss has any individual driver suffered through this?

Or is it a case of "you said the car would do 100mpg but it only does 50mpg so I will sue you to recover the extra money I've had to spend on fuel" ?
    My problem is that I am limited on CO2 for car scheme / tax purposes, my car was on the limit of my allowance if the figures change it will be a PITA

Not over worried about MPG as I never believe the printed figures any way

Resale values: again not fussed about as I will do a fair bit of mileage & drive on building sites so that is what it is

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    VW cars aren't actually road-worthy

http://http://news.sky.com/story/1556950/vw-11m-diesels-in-global-emissions-scandal

[The so-called "defeat devices" meant that true emission levels, as much as 40 times the level legally allowed in the US, were hidden.
    They're going to have to refund all their customers or provide them with expensive upgrades, probably world-wide.

I suspect that this was unearthed in a scrum meeting and the only way they could fix it in the next sprint was to put this software fix in.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 September 2015, 08:02.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Drive local, Drive Range Rover

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Surprising choice giving Robert Kilroy Silk the job of leading the company.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    This letter was sent to VW and AUDI customers!

Leave a comment:

• raphal
    replied
    vw.com the usa site, I was expecting an apology feed either at the bottom or top of the webpage.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    They knew something was up back in April: Exclusive: VW recall letters in April warned of an emissions glitch | Reuters

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

Or is it a case of "you said the car would do 100mpg but it only does 50mpg so I will sue you to recover the extra money I've had to spend on fuel" ?
    The losses are:
    1. Resale value -VWs, Skodas, Audis etc are now worth less
    2. The loss you suffered paying more for fuel

Also companies like Zip Car advertise their hourly hire cars as being eco-friendly because they are VWs eco-whatever models. In their cases they can argue VW has damaged their reputation.

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

erm trying to think, what about you may have paid a premium for a car that does 100mpg, but if you had to buy a car that only does 50mpg you could have spent 10k less and got a Skoda.

Or perhaps the mpg to you is so important that it goes to the heart of the contract you made when you purchased the VW. So now you want your money back and to return the car (free motoring for the time you had it).

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

The hurt knowing that your car is putting out more plant food into the atmosphere. I'm suing for £100bn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X