• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another victim of the family courts"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Well in the case when the legal mother is more than content for the dad to have sole custody - and has happily signed all her rights away - he's the biological father.

Plus it's clear he's a loving father providing for his child - and no-one has the slightest concern to the contrary.

In that case, the man would get custody, right ?
    Happened to me 45 years ago. And no visitation rights either. Long story.

Probably even rarer then than it is now I would imagine....

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I can't be bothered to Google but there was that news story a few months ago where the mother did everything to keep the son from his father including making up stories with no proof and running away with him. Her stupid family even went to prison for her as they helped her on the run.

The judge awarded the father custody of the little boy.

In real life I knew some people now adults whose fathers had custody of them. Not sure what happened but I'm sure extended family pressure was also put on their mothers.
    In the "good old days" you could just send the boys round to sort her out.

These days the police and courts take a dim view of that...

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Don't be stupid. When would a man ever get custody?
    Well in the case when the legal mother is more than content for the dad to have sole custody - and has happily signed all her rights away - he's the biological father.

Plus it's clear he's a loving father providing for his child - and no-one has the slightest concern to the contrary.

In that case, the man would get custody, right ?

Err, no...

Surrogate mother named child's ONLY legal guardian over single father | Daily Mail Online

Okay, it's a bit more complicated (surrogacy) - and the judge did rule according to the letter of the law. I suspect this judgement was expected/made to allow the law itself to be challenged and let common sense be allowed where appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Now there is a point for debate!
    I can't be bothered to Google but there was that news story a few months ago where the mother did everything to keep the son from his father including making up stories with no proof and running away with him. Her stupid family even went to prison for her as they helped her on the run.

The judge awarded the father custody of the little boy.

In real life I knew some people now adults whose fathers had custody of them. Not sure what happened but I'm sure extended family pressure was also put on their mothers.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    When it's a gay couple or the women mental.
    Now there is a point for debate!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    When it's a gay couple or the women mental.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    When he has a sex change presumably

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Hope you're not suggesting he should get custody

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thus proving that marriage is far more risky than war. No one needs suffer a costly divorce, simply never get married.
    Marriage is a game for two in which both lose...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hope you're not suggesting he should get custody

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Thus proving that marriage is far more risky than war.

No one needs suffer a costly divorce, simply never get married.
    He was brain damaged. That probably caused him to get married. The bomb just made it worse.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Not a victim yet. Sanity might prevail. His lawyer has taken the case pro bono, so obviously feels that a success would have wide-ranging implications and perhaps prevent further victims of family law.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Thus proving that marriage is far more risky than war.

No one needs suffer a costly divorce, simply never get married.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Another victim of the family courts

Another victim of the family courts

Brain damaged war veteran risks losing £1.1 million compensation in divorce battle - Telegraph

Brain damaged war veteran risks losing £1.1 million compensation in divorce battle

Corporal Simon Vaughan, who was left severely brain damaged and unable to walk after a bomb blast in Afghanistan, is involved in a long-running divorce battle over his compensation

<sigh>

Working...
X