• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Premium bonds

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Premium bonds"

Collapse

• jamespoole
    replied
    Santander 123

As someone who was significantly involved in the 123 account I can tell you that it is highly unlikely to be sustained. It was a high level gamble on rates increasing a lot sooner than today. whilst customers have been advised its for the lifetime of the account, when Santander float and are bought outright by a foreign bank, they will simply rename and adjust at their own leisure.

It is a great account but only while it lasts, the issue being that they have lured in a much larger portion than expected and are sitting on a mountain of deposits and not enough new home buyers to lend it too.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If you really want high interest rates then you might need to consider Premium Bonds in Greece...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I was busy sleeping.

I spread my savings, so some are in Premium Bonds and some are in savings accounts. My top earning savings account currently pays about £220 per month in interest. It's with Santander. I've no desire to go to a low interest account like the 123.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    45% tax?

Too small amount of money in the first place?

Gaming the system and being proud of it?
    Well done. No 1

Gross vs Net. Premium bonds are tax free.

Blood from a stone.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Do you want me to hold your hand? Why is 3% on £40k not £100 per month?
    45% tax?

Too small amount of money in the first place?

Gaming the system and being proud of it?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You don't know?

It's obvious what's wrong.

Can't you really see it???
    Do you want me to hold your hand? Why is 3% on £40k not £100 per month?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Come on sweetheart, why are my numbers not right?
    I'll give you a hint:

£40k

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You don't know?

It's obvious what's wrong.

Can't you really see it???

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Why won't you two meet up at one location, which is just off the M4? The last man standing will continue to post tulip on here

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Why won't you two meet up at one location, which is just off the M4? The last man standing will continue to post tulip on here

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Mate, I don't have time to spot every single error you make. At some point in your life you're going to have to start doing things right rather than making errors everywhere, otherwise if you make it to my age no one will believe a word you say.
    Love it. I have purposely left a mistake in the post. So glaring to anyone with any idea of investing or interest it would scream at them. Proves you no jack.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You've still not spotted the glaring error in my post have you. God, today's youth worries me.
    Mate, I don't have time to spot every single error you make. At some point in your life you're going to have to start doing things right rather than making errors everywhere, otherwise if you make it to my age no one will believe a word you say.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Or you? What is wrong with the numbers I put?
    Nothing Walter.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Or you? What is wrong with the numbers I put?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X