• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mid-life Crisis may be ?"

Collapse

• tomtomagain
    replied
    Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
    Not planned though she wanted a kid but I wanted to wait another few years .... May be accidently forgot to take pill .... Pretty worried as I'm not sold on it tbh ... anyone else felt the same when told and did you come round to it over time ?

All I'm thinking now is OMFG, OMFG.
    Ahh well. Time to grow up and be a man, not a kidult. You are nearly 40 after all.

But seriously of course you are thinking OMFG. Because your entire world has just been turned upside down.

But don't worry. There is every chance that in 18 months time you'll be posting on here saying how pleased ( but knackered ) you are.

Don't forget this fact. When the baby is born you are genetically programmed to love it, more deeply and fully than you have ever loved anything before.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Oh yes it was!!!

Snigger

She has proper done your legs mate!
    Never mind, grit your teeth and make the best of it!
    You can imagine the heartbroken scene before he woke up after she peed on that stick....

Leave a comment:

• IPMAN
    replied
    Dear deidre, in a few years time I will be 40, but for some reason this year I have totally had enough of working and just want to quit and do something totally different, the stuff I do I don't really enjoy in fact I hate IT tbh but £ is good, but the thought of going on like this is for another 20 years is making me depressed.

I have no other job to go to at the moment but I am on the verge of resigning (3 months notice), not sure if its a mid-life crisis and will pass, or if I should just go with it and quit ?
    the issue here sounds like you've been placed as 'contractor' in perm position, this is illegal and wrong and explains why you feel the way you do. the problem is most people don't have a choice.

i've given up working via agencies only recently, but thats only because i don't need the £££ anymore. i've nearly doubled my asking rate and going out there looking for freelance.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Not planned though she wanted a kid but I wanted to wait another few years .... May be accidently forgot to take pill .... Pretty worried as I'm not sold on it tbh ... anyone else felt the same when told and did you come round to it over time ?

Oh yes it was!!!

Snigger

She has proper done your legs mate!
    Never mind, grit your teeth and make the best of it!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Mid life crisis? Don't talk to me about mid life crisis !!!

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    OP, isn't the done thing nowadays to squeeze your moobs into some spandex and squash your ltd co on a thin small saddle?

http://bikeportland.org/wp-content/w...traitLycra.jpg

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    you think its a 'keepani**a' baby?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

You have 3 choices

1. Get rid of it - unlikely. Sounds like its an "Ooops" baby she wanted it and you got it. If you didn't you should of taken care of contraception.
    2. MTFU and enjoy it
    3. Get rid of her + the kid and get used to a Bedsit.

2 is pretty much the only choice IMHO.

Ours were planned but still very scary!

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    There you go:

your future

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Thanks for congrats, still in shock, one minute I'm trying to comb my hair next minute I finding out I'm going to be a dad. Bit worried as I have mixed emotions about it at the moment, misses a bit p*ssed off I'm not over the moon about it. May be I will become happier about it over time ....
    if you were trying then she is being reasonable, it was the outcome of all that rampant sex you had. If CovBob's missus gets up the Duff he better have a big smile.

If you haven't planned it then you can retreat into "I wanted to be ready and I was taken by surprise, its great news but we haven't organised anything and it will torpedo our finances. I don't want our baby to starve!"

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Thanks for congrats, still in shock, one minute I'm trying to comb my hair next minute I finding out I'm going to be a dad. Bit worried as I have mixed emotions about it at the moment, misses a bit p*ssed off I'm not over the moon about it. May be I will become happier about it over time ....
    Coathanger, marbles at the top of the stairs, gin, lots of gin?

Leave a comment:

• ELBBUBKUNPS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    From this morning looks like I got to keep on working, went in partners bathroom draw thing to day to get a hair brush found 2 pregnancy testing kits used and they were both postive said 'Pregnant' on both . To say I'm in shock is an under statement she is on the pill. She left house before me this morning and told me she did the test today was going to tell me later face to face .... Shocked.com
    Looks like you'll have to go in goal now you're getting on a bit.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    up until i turned 40 i was stressed

stressed mainly because I did not think i was doing a good enough job so I would work long hard hours trying to please everyone so I would not get sacked (have missus and 2 kids)

anyone hit 40 and had a bit of mid life crisis moment

and i just then thought why the fook am i getting stressed about

so had a word with myself and now I do not stress pretty much come and go as I please, wfh a day or 2 a week.

I realised it was not the job i was in but my attitude to it - do not get me wrong early on a few of the more 'choice d1<kheads' who i work with started trying to make a big deal of it - had a few choice words and they fe<ked off back into the woodwork

then had a chat with line manager and one of the directors and they said doing a great job, good to see you have started to be less rushed and more considered in your approach keep it up and things will continue to go well etc

so there you go was not the 'job' but my attitude to it
    Yep suspected heart attack, scary.

Cut back, WFH, work my normal hours and don't suffer users.

They still pay me and grade me OK so much happier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X