• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: A Golden age?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A Golden age?"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You need not worry - you see the evening menu put on by Amazon prime will not have been put together by a bunch of left wing Muppets who think mung bean quiche actually has some nutritional value and believe that this is what a hardworking person wants at the end of a day of toiling long and late.

You see it is not the working late etc it is the complete lack of interest in supplying decent food for those that do which caused the punch up.
    OWSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/te...lace.html?_r=1

Just wondering "At Amazon, workers are encouraged to ... toil long and late."

Do we know of any TV presenter who is mild mannered and doesn't throw punches cause he can't have a steak sandwich after a shoot over-runs?

I find it sad that some people put personality over decency, but if you are a contractor and you punch your employer you'd expect to be in a lot of bother. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are.
    You need not worry - you see the evening menu put on by Amazon prime will not have been put together by a bunch of left wing Muppets who think mung bean quiche actually has some nutritional value and believe that this is what a hardworking person wants at the end of a day of toiling long and late.

You see it is not the working late etc it is the complete lack of interest in supplying decent food for those that do which caused the punch up.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Amazon boss Jeff Bezos calls Top Gear follow-on show 'expensive but worth it'

Oh come on! Clarkson is entertaining, and lots of people like cars. But a golden era of television? Raise your sights a little please.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/te...lace.html?_r=1

Just wondering "At Amazon, workers are encouraged to ... toil long and late."

Do we know of any TV presenter who is mild mannered and doesn't throw punches cause he can't have a steak sandwich after a shoot over-runs?

I find it sad that some people put personality over decency, but if you are a contractor and you punch your employer you'd expect to be in a lot of bother. Doesn't matter how good or bad you are.

Leave a comment:

• rl4engc
    replied
    I wouldn't expect it to have a massive audience on Amazon Prime, but as Top Gear was popular all over the planet, I'd expect this show to be massively popular on torrents i.e. several hundred thousand or 1m+ in the swarm. Very much looking forward to it and hope it trounces Chris Evans on Top Gear tbh.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are paying for BBC national and local radio, BBC internet and BBC schools programming (which includes that part of the BBC internet.)
    Don't forget BBC Alba.

Leave a comment:

• Lola
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    How about remaking the Golden Girls?
    Did they make a video about golden rain?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Indeed – we could not get on either: but this is the first time it has happened (that I know of) in the last 2 or so years I have been using Prime.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    looks like Prime is down tonight

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Oi! Gerroff moi thread!
    http://www.electronicspoint.com/atta...mer-jpg.12398/

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm also paying for a good portion of them to be involved in Kiddy fiddling.

Many other vendors could supply a similar service at a much lower cost. , the waste there also seems endemic.
    Oi! Gerroff moi thread!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You are paying for BBC national and local radio, BBC internet and BBC schools programming (which includes that part of the BBC internet.)
    I'm also paying for a good portion of them to be involved in Kiddy fiddling.

Many other vendors could supply a similar service at a much lower cost. , the waste there also seems endemic.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I'm happy to pay £60 a year to watch TV without adverts and when I want it.

Not sure why I have to pay £150 to watch 2 channels and repeats?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I'm happy to pay £60 a year to watch TV without adverts and when I want it.

Not sure why I have to pay £150 to watch 2 channels and repeats?
    Last edited by vetran; 16 August 2015, 16:29.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Golden age for IPTV

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    How about remaking the Golden Girls?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X