• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Crime and Punishment"

Collapse

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought that "raise the Titanic" film was a con. I don't believe it was ever sunk.
    Lew Grade reckoned that that film cost so much to make it would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    You didn't know that the Titanic sank.
    I thought that "raise the Titanic" film was a con. I don't believe it was ever sunk.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    We had an inkling, there was a clue in the poster

Now, does anyone know what happens in the movie 'Snakes on a Plane'?
    There is some snakes on a plane.

Incidentally the guy who came up with the title is the 2012 winner of 'Not my ******' job' award

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Only I'm not an admin.

We had an inkling, there was a clue in the poster

Now, does anyone know what happens in the movie 'Snakes on a Plane'?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Then you're in the right job as an admin on here.
    Only I'm not an admin.

We were settling down to watch Titanic when 12 year old niece enters and informs us

'..oh I've seen this one. She lives, he dies, the boat sinks'

So we got our coats and went out for a drink instead....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's ever so satisfying if the old dearelderly person is tooled up & offs said mugger with due extreme prejudice.
    One bit a mugger in the goolies last week, that'll learn them

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    when I was a young soldier, I went to watch Sinbad and the eye of the tiger with me mates. It was utter , utter cr@p.
    On the Saturday I was on fire duty in the cinema and the kids watched the same movie. When Sinbad was fighting the tiger they were all jumping up and down on the seats shouting 'EASY, EASY. Get im in the eye Sinbad'
    It was utterly , utterly brilliant

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    We were settling down to watch Titanic when 12 year old niece enters and informs us

I remember watching it with my then six year old son, the bit where Capt Smith is on the bridge as the water starts to creep towards him.

Lad says "He's gonna get his shoes wet..."

Understatement of the decade I think...

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Mysterious stranger arrives in London from South America. An accident prone illegal immigrant or an endearing friend ?

Paddington Bear

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    CUK. Drivel.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I enjoyed Crime and Punishment. But then, there's a lot more to a good read than plot. I thoroughly enjoyed The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss - and he spends 12 pages describing how someone makes soap.
    Then you're in the right job as an admin on here.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Les Miserables. Ex-con makes good while tracked by cop.

I enjoyed Crime and Punishment. But then, there's a lot more to a good read than plot. I thoroughly enjoyed The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss - and he spends 12 pages describing how someone makes soap.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The Hobbit:
    Bilbo is recruited to help steal some jewellery from a dragon. He does, and on the way finds a magic ring. Then they murder the dragon.

Lord of The Rings:
    Turns out the magic ring is a bit of a big deal so Frodo (Bilbo's nephew) is sent on a mission to throw it in a volcano. He does, and everyone is happy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Bloke follows this whale around that sank his ship and kills it and himself.

Anymore one sentence summaries of great novels?
    A Christmas Carol:
    Some ghosts convince a rich greedy Tory to become a charitable do-gooder so that people will like him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X