• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any one have BT TV, any cop?"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    I've had it a couple of days now, and it is pretty good. And after some adventures in the loft with a new aerial I get the full set of Freeview channels instead of the 16 I'm meant to get.

The GUI is a bit weird in places. The worst thing is that the up/down buttons work the wrong way round. Fitz!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    £63 a month!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Edit : Oops late to the thread, but here my 2p worth anyway.

Having had Virgin in London with 152Mb BB it was disappointing but not surprising that at the new Scrag Mansion in Devon, we have gone for BT as there is no VM, BT have given us 76Mb BB, 1Tb BT TV box with BT Sport (MotoGP ) and a UHD channel, and landline, somewhere around the £63pm level.

Seems to do what it says on the can.

All working well and Mrs Scrag is getting to grips with it just fine.

Mainly runs off a Freeview aerial based signal.

We have never been big movie channel users so at this point we have no complaints, or feel like we're missing any particular services.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 4 November 2015, 10:57.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Ah that explains a lot the youview box & handset is the biggest pile of poo ever to be released - google how to reboot your handset / box - you will need the info
    I'd forgotten that Nick Fitz worked on it. He's probably found some way of making it only work with a Mac.

There's always NowTV for Sky Sports. I might do this for the F1: £6.99 for the day or £10.99 for a whole week (i.e. the weekend). It's still a lot cheaper than having Sky (and I don't have Sky Sports, just the F1 channel).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    43.75 is for BT Sports + Broadband.

Sky seem to be offering 10 quid for the equivalent fiber and it will be 15 quid to BT for the Sport. Without SKY sports.
    Aha, I didn't realise you meant to keep BT sports. It's a bit confusing now you can get Sky sport on BT, BT sport on Sky, etc, etc! Possibly NowTV is the best option for same cases too!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Ah that explains a lot the youview box & handset is the biggest pile of poo ever to be released - google how to reboot your handset / box - you will need the info
    TO be fair I have not had a single problem with the hardware or software yet, there is an issue that it takes an age for the box to turn on but that is liveable, also the BT Vision box only works with the BT Home Hub router due to IGMP Multicasting or something but again I can live with that.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Had one about a year and a half now and never had to reboot the box yet, as a DVR it seems to do the job

The only problems I had were when we briefly rented a cottage that had internet that maxed out at about 1/2 a meg on a good day but more usually 50 or 60k then it's internet functionality was a bit wobbly

But since moving to a place with decent download speeds for copper, it's been fine without a hitch

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    43.75 is for BT Sports + Broadband.

Sky seem to be offering 10 quid for the equivalent fiber and it will be 15 quid to BT for the Sport. Without SKY sports.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sky sports bundle currently advertised for £45.50/month, without phone or internet. You found some great 12/month deal?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    youview is terrible, my dad has it.

I'm booting BT in a few weeks, my contract is up in January. 43 quid they want for fiber and the sport channels, I can get that for 25 quid at SKY.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    if NickFitz didn't screw up the software it should be ok, just curious as I assume if BB goes down TV will go down too

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Our recent sign-up got us Infinity 1 (40Mb) for £10/month with phone £17.99/month, and free TV using the mini-YouView box (no record). We don't get the extra channels other than BT sport and (I think) AMC.

But I do get £125 sainsbury vouchers from BT and £85 back from the cashback site. And since I got the discount for paying for 12 months line rental up front, I'm pretty happy.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    It's £32pm ish for 40Mb + phone.
    Make that £32pm for 40Mb + phone + TV as they've discounted my broadband by the same £5pm extra it's costing for TV.

Shows how keen they are to get into the telly market. Sorry Sky.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Hmmm. How much are you paying for broadband atm VM? (My contract ended on Monday...)
    It's £32pm ish for 40Mb + phone. I thought it was less than that TBH; I should pay more attention. The phone is £16.99 of that I think.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Bump.

So is this the same as YouView?

Got an email from plusnet with quite a good deal on YouView: £50 for a recorder box and £5pm (or £8pm for HD) for some premium channels that I think I would miss from Sky (SyFy, Eurosport, Comedy Central, FOX, Discovery.. ). So rather than go cold turkey on pay TV this seems quite a good option. Only thing is I don't get the full Freeview here and some of the channels I do get are flakey, but as I have a satellite dish Freesat would be a better option. A Freesat recorder box is £180, but for that price I could have 2 years worth of Youview premium channels...

So what I really want is Youview with a satellite input, which doesn't exist.

Telly is so complicated these days.
    Freesat?

Freesat - Subscription free HD Satellite TV through a Digital Box

Leave a comment:

Working...
X