• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The first thing my first boss said to me"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Toby Alderweireld?
    Nuff said!!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yeeeurgghh!! Who'd attend an interview wearing a Tottenham top?

Toby Alderweireld?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've interviewed Suity once before and with the exception of appearing to be a complete Diva, he actually comes across as a Prima Donna.
    Yeeeurgghh!! Who'd attend an interview wearing a Tottenham top?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Okay everybody, just who on CUK was it that conducted this interview?

My money is on it being MF.

Suity, did the Interviewer look like he had eaten a horse, and was a walking advert for the worst excesses of Spandex?
    I do wonder if Suity got the day right and because the receptionist didn't want to deal with a she just grabbed 3 people from somewhere to conduct an "interview"..

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Suity, did the Interviewer look like he had eaten a horse, and was a walking advert for the worst excesses of Spandex?
    I've interviewed Suity once before and with the exception of appearing to be a complete Diva, he actually comes across as a Prima Donna.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Also you seem to have missed the bit where he was rude, boorish, hostile and down right obnoxious. Even introductions were not given.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Hmm where have we seen that posted before? I'll have to see if I can remember which of the multiple banned sockies have posted that, it's at least a couple of them. Of course it begs the question why you're posing as one of the EBT lot with this particular fake ID?
    With this many accessible buttons to push, and you showing us where to push, I don't think this is healthy.

Take a chill pill. Stop obsessing about sockies. Peace.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Hmm where have we seen that posted before? I'll have to see if I can remember which of the multiple banned sockies have posted that, it's at least a couple of them. Of course it begs the question why you're posing as one of the EBT lot with this particular fake ID?
    Because I can?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I had an interview last week. Well a telephone one. It seemed I passed muster and was invited for a F2F the following day. 5pm, London.

I arrived on time, suited and booted. They were late.

Then I was taken into a meeting room, largeish with a large lozenge shaped table. 3 people sat opposite. No introductions. A thimble sized plastic beaker of tepid water was placed in front of me.

The bloke in the middle seemed to be doing the interviewing. The other 2 just stated at me coldly.

"So, take me through your CV" he said. "But make it quick as we want to be out of here before 6 as there's a tube strike"

"All of it?" I asked?

"Yes, from the beginning".

So I started giving a brief explanation of each role, from 1997 onwards. We got as far as 2003 and he said "Move on!".

"Where too?" I asked.

He bristled.

"So far we are going through the roles I did 18 years ago, and this could take some time to get through".

He was really really rude, and his interviewing style made no sense to me. If you are hiring for a C# guy, what does it matter what projects he did with VB6 18 years ago? Fair enough you might want to get the measure of how someone has grown over that time, to try and get inside their head a little, but for a contract gig it is normally the past 2-5 years, techy test, bit of a grilling, some scenario based questions and interview over.

This was just weird. And rude. What I am thinking is that when we got into the first 5 minutes of the interview, and he was stating his case he needed to leave early, and talking to me like a piece of tulipe I should have politely made my excuses and left.

Instead I sat there, again just trying to do my best in a bad situation, getting crapped on. Then I left. Then I rang the agency and pulled my CV.

So these guys must be super intuitive to develop such a loathing in such a short space of time, and I did this all to myself, right?

Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    What a nasty person you seem to be
    Last edited by TykeMerc; 17 July 2015, 18:09.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It is often the case. I never understood why HR get involved in hiring contractors. This should be down to the purchasing department....
    Twaddle. It should be down to the hiring manager with the budget. Once purchasing get involved, with their bonuses driven by %age discounts they can get, no-one benefits.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    TL;DR

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
    The arrogance to think anyone would read paragraphs of drivel
    Dude, you posted that in General. Better luck next time.

Leave a comment:

• Avalonia
    replied
    The arrogance to think anyone would read paragraphs of drivel

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Well I love the Suity threads despite others laying into him.

Welcome back mate, missed your posts <---manly
    SOCKIE!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MercladUK View Post
    What a nasty person you seem to be
    Good old Tykey thinks that this forum is full of sockies.

Would be really funny for him to one day realise that he is a sockie also.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X