• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doing a Masters can it be offset against tax?"

Collapse

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    What and this means MF is an "assh0le", I have always heard him called that, before, on here
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    And what's wrong with History of Art?
    Nothing.

All subjects are worth learning except if you are MF.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oi, who pissed on your parade.

Another bad morning hey, did you find out the Thai lass you pulled last night has a bigger dick than you.
    Afternoon Squire....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Maybe, MF will take this golden opportunity to ferk off over there, then

You could meet up for a glass of champers with the old boy, he always has plenty, around, allegedly

Oi, who pissed on your parade.

Another bad morning hey, did you find out the Thai lass you pulled last night has a bigger dick than you.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Funnily enough from 2016 Masters are tax deductible in Switzerland.
    Maybe, MF will take this golden opportunity to ferk off over there, then

You could meet up for a glass of champers with the old boy, he always has plenty, around, allegedly

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Funnily enough from 2016 Masters are tax deductible in Switzerland.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To MSBob. Permie training is considered an investment to the company as the permies are assets of the company not just a tax breaks. You are letting the tax tail wag the dog thinking like that.
    What and this means MF is an "asset", I have never heard him called that, before, on here?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo View Post
    If they are proprietors of their company they do incur a BIK.

Boo
    To MSBob. Permie training is considered an investment to the company as the permies are assets of the company not just a tax breaks. You are letting the tax tail wag the dog thinking like that.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    So how do permies get sent on courses to learn new skills within incurring a BIK ?
    If they are proprietors of their company they do incur a BIK.

Boo

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What are you studying? History of Art?
    And what's wrong with History of Art?

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The life and times of Walter Mitty.

Going to be as much use to his career, as a chocolate fire guard.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Academia 2016, here I come.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Because I was planning to quit my permie role and go back to Uni, but do some contracting on the side.

Because it's in the tax year, I was wondering if I could claim against my Self Assessment for this year, or whether if I had a new Ltd company up, I could do it as an expense.

(Up here for thinking mate, down there for dancing)

Academia 2016, here I come.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Why do you care - you're a permie.
    Because I was planning to quit my permie role and go back to Uni, but do some contracting on the side.

Because it's in the tax year, I was wondering if I could claim against my Self Assessment for this year, or whether if I had a new Ltd company up, I could do it as an expense.

(Up here for thinking mate, down there for dancing)

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    But is it tax deductible for a company if they pay for the employee? Is this a case of another kick for PSCs?
    Why do you care - you're a permie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X