• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Prime Day

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Prime Day"

Collapse

• Dactylion
    replied
    [Old Fart Hat]
    They are having a Prime day are they?

Ahh! I remember Prime...
    PRIMOS on an 850 I think or was it 9550...
    (Prime) Information and Connections with some horrid spreadsheet called 20/20.
    Removable platters - that held about 10Mb per disk.
    [/Old Fart Hat]

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Looks nice. If I hadn't already built my own based on HP MicroServer then I'd get one. Hope BGG has fun with it at the weekend :-)

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Which QNAP did you get, I sonly saw the 2 bay one on the Prime Website
    This one

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Well we were going to get the QNAP at the discounted rate anyway so yep we got it, it was the one that made BGG go Oooo at so now he has something to do at the weekend.
    Which QNAP did you get, I sonly saw the 2 bay one on the Prime Website

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are such a geek...
    Thank you

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you don't get a good deal on the QNAP, have a look at the WD-DL4100. I moved from a ReadyNas DUO and its fantastic.
    Well we were going to get the QNAP at the discounted rate anyway so yep we got it, it was the one that made BGG go Oooo at so now he has something to do at the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yep: I am watching this – we needed a new nas & was looking at the QNAP 4 bay; which just so happens to be in the sale so waiting to see what discount is offered.
    If you don't get a good deal on the QNAP, have a look at the WD-DL4100. I moved from a ReadyNas DUO and its fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep: I am watching this – we needed a new nas & was looking at the QNAP 4 bay; which just so happens to be in the sale so waiting to see what discount is offered.
    You are such a geek...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Just checked and it's loads of unsold junk.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    It's on offer now, and I didn't think the discount was compelling. But I guess if you were buying one anyway, save a few quid why not.

EDIT: the one deal I did want, 1 1TB Samsung SSD, I missed :-(

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    I bought a prime stick for £19 in March and it's fab.

The price went up to £35 mostly, since, but has been at £23ish on a couple of occasions for some reason.

I don't see that there are many great deals today though, unless you want one of the 3 things that are heavily reduced.

The problem I've found with being a prime member is that I've become obsessed with using it. I could look at something I want to buy. A non-prime seller has it for £15 plus £5 delivery. A prime seller has it for £23 with free delivery. I think "I've paid for Prime, so I'm using it".

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    agree but

fire tv stick at £19 is a pretty good deal.
    That's how much they were to prime members back in March.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WTMS

It's just a warehouse clearance.
    agree but

fire tv stick at £19 is a pretty good deal.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Taking a nosey through them I'm not that impressed. The comparison to the whole "Black Friday" thing isn't only contrived it's clearly fictional, the deals look very ordinary to me.
    WTMS

It's just a warehouse clearance.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/74354f2e-0...#axzz3fwyKr9GI

Tax dodging scum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X