• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have we done this yet?"

Collapse

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Perhaps you should start a 38 degrees petition against being spammed with 38 degrees petitions

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    It appears that signing a 38 Degree petition, as I have done a couple of times with their pesticide petition, means they immediately assume you are "one of their gang" and will heartily agree with every one of their campaigns.
    True.

I signed one for bees years ago and have been inundated since. I think I've only agreed with about 3 others while the rest I've deleted.

Oddly my MPs in that time (2 different parties) have agreed with those issues as well. Only one was put before the house which the government lost, the rest of the bills were withdrawn due to vocal opposition.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I am the kind of assorted cretin who voted Tory.

And with that assertion you make minestrone's point for him in the strongest possible way.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    This is exactly what the SNP are trying to get their zoomer supporters to think, give them the impression they have some power. The reality is that it was a free vote which neither you, test mangler or the assorted cretins who vote SNP seem to understand.
    I am the kind of assorted cretin who voted Tory.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    To be honest Cameron is at least trying to reverse the law, it was labour that set up this constitutional fook up despite all the warnings and the SNP that are exploiting it.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    This is exactly what the SNP are trying to get their zoomer supporters to think, give them the impression they have some power. The reality is that it was a free vote which neither you, test mangler or the assorted cretins who vote SNP seem to understand.

It allows the SNP some breathing space before their supporters start to work out that they have absolutely no power in the commons and will do absolutely nothing except trouser expenses for the next 5 years.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    There is a 38 Degrees campaign against it and all MPs where lobbied in the campaign by their constituents.
    It appears that signing a 38 Degree petition, as I have done a couple of times with their pesticide petition, means they immediately assume you are "one of their gang" and will heartily agree with every one of their campaigns.

Hardly a week goes by when I don't receive one of their hysterical emails ("only a day left to save such and such .."), and I would very much like to unsubscribe. But there doesn't seem any obvious way to do that. It's like joining the Mafia - Once in, you're in for life!

I was at a charity puppy show in Devon only last weekend at the kennel club for the local hunt, and the huntsmen and hunt followers were eagerly awaiting the outcome of this hunting debate. I told a couple of farmers that Cameron is a whiny cowardly pussy and would inevitably let them down, as of course transpired. They'll be as sick as parrots now, and very disilllusioned by the Tories

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    It allows the SNP some breathing space before their supporters start to work out that they have absolutely no power in the commons and will do absolutely nothing for the next 5 years.

Its like what happened to the liberal party 5 years ago. They just want power. Quite sad really.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    To upset Cameron and show that he ain't got real majority in his party to Govern effectively.

Very nicely done.

HTH

It allows the SNP some breathing space before their supporters start to work out that they have absolutely no power in the commons and will do absolutely nothing for the next 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Alternatively it's a very clever plan to sucker the SNP and lead to proper English only votes further down the line.

Could CMD really be that subtle?
    Look at his style it's tactics over substance, and coming from a PR background reinforces that

So I think you're right

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    What a dumbass. You do realise that the SNP can't vote down anything, don't you ? You may have missed the papers that day, but the Tories have a majority (hence the small business friendly budget). Voting anything down would require cross party support INCLUDING ENOUGH TORY MPs. If Cameron's own party is onside with what he wants to do, they can't lose.
    There is no point Sturgeon fighting something that she has no chance of beating and therefore picked a controversial one to make her bunch of failed nationalists look like they have a stake in the game.

That's fairly obvious to anyone with half a brain, I can see why you missed it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Cameron needs to choose the issue more carefully, and not choose one where enough of his MPs are against it.

It needs to be something important such as education.

Though I suspect Sturgeon is more canny and will not vote on an issue like that.

It also doesn't help the longer he delays the vote the smaller his majority is likely to get.
    agree it wasn't one I would choose as an example but I suppose its a clear case of tidying up legislation that appears to be right in Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    They were also all clapping again today in the commons, utterly embarrassing.
    The way people normally behave in the Common sis what's embarrassing really

I think this is playing perfectly into Cameron's hands though, the SNP rushing in at the first opportunity rather than planning their tactics.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Now why would they threaten to vote in a way that would prevent the rules being the same for both regions?
    To upset Cameron and show that he ain't got real majority in his party to Govern effectively.

Very nicely done.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    '...however, I would support hunting Tories with dogs. Provided it was rigorously unregulated.'

-young Krankie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X