• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apple Pay - who's used it today?"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    How does it work with multiple cards associated? Is one the default?
    Yes, you set the default card which gets used if you just hold your phone to the terminal, or you can manually select a different card before presenting the phone.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Out of my 6 debit and credit cards only two would register, bit poor and I'm a Fanboi.....
    How does it work with multiple cards associated? Is one the default?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    TfL: Don't use Apple Pay on the tube if your iPhone battery is low

Might not be a good idea when there's a snarl up somewhere. You might think that your battery charge will last the duration of your journey, but it's probably wise to err on the side of caution for the "unexpected delays" that happen from time to time.

Also check The TfL website
    Kash is King.

Your wallet will never run out of electric charge...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Electrical device, arse...sounds distinctly kinky if you ask me
    Another good reason to avoid crowded trains

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Before any smart Alec asks: I can't just hold my wallet up to the machine, as it's one of those newfangled wallets with electromagnetic shielding built in to prevent people emptying my bank account by rubbing an electrical device against my arse on a crowded train, or something like that
    Electrical device, arse...sounds distinctly kinky if you ask me

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Watch out if you want to use it for TfL

TfL: Don't use Apple Pay on the tube if your iPhone battery is low

Might not be a good idea when there's a snarl up somewhere. You might think that your battery charge will last the duration of your journey, but it's probably wise to err on the side of caution for the "unexpected delays" that happen from time to time.

Also check The TfL website

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Have you complained to the relevant banks? It's their fault if they haven't got on board
    I'm sure the first world can cope.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Out of my 6 debit and credit cards only two would register, bit poor and I'm a Fanboi.....
    Have you complained to the relevant banks? It's their fault if they haven't got on board

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Is it good enough to shield from an EMP?

Dunno, I didn't even realise it had this shielding when I bought it

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Before any smart Alec asks: I can't just hold my wallet up to the machine, as it's one of those newfangled wallets with electromagnetic shielding built in to prevent people emptying my bank account by rubbing an electrical device against my arse on a crowded train, or something like that
    Is it good enough to shield from an EMP?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Used it this morning at M&S. Saved a second or two of faffing about getting my contactless card out of the wallet and putting it back again. Anything that gets sausages and steak into my ownership slightly faster is a win as far as I'm concerned

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    You can more or less use it anywhere there's a contactless pay point.
    Waitrose has contactless.

So does Boots, Tesco, Asda.....

In fact the place I was most disappointed was Sainsburys.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Not me. ******* First Direct and HSBC.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Having worked there last year, that's probably the most startling piece of technology news I've ever heard.
    Yes given recent events I am surprised they have jumped on this one so early...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X