• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Fallacy of global warming debunked"

Collapse

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Ho Ho. pj is talking about .3% of the ice in the arctic
    I am talking about 100% of the ice.
    The only person who knows what you're on about is you. For those deficient in mind reading .... What the cocking hell are you talking about?
    Last edited by pjclarke; 20 June 2015, 09:01.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    for every tree chopped down, they plant three
    Up your @rse you mean? That sounds like fun.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Isn't it ironic I remember in the 1990's being shown frightening images of how global warming would affect the forests, and they looked like this.

Now I thought this meant the forests would die because of climate change, but actually the deforestation in the photo above is caused by environmentalists chopping them down in the name of Global Warming for biofuel.
    I'm offsetting the effects by wiping my @rse more thoroughly. Toilet roll is made from wood pulp, and for every tree chopped down, they plant three.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The result of green policies in Britain:

This is actually worse than the scary pictures they show to warn of affects of global warming.

Courtesy of Greenpeace.
    shocking.
    these people started out with a good idea. That morphed into a set of stronger and stronger beliefs. It is now an intolerant dogma

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    Huh? Eight weeks from now is mid-August, Arctic ice always reaches a minimum in mid-September, and it most certainly is melting, and fast.

May in decline | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

Have a great weekend, and try to stop making stuff up.

Ho Ho. pj is talking about .3% of the ice in the arctic
    I am talking about 100% of the ice.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The result of green policies in Britain:

This is actually worse than the scary pictures they show to warn of affects of global warming.

Courtesy of Greenpeace.

Leave a comment:

• Taita
    replied
    What's the problem?

In common with most northern dwelling westerners we spend a fortune to holiday in hot climes. What is the panic about? Tourist prices will drop, the Germans will bask in Switzerland leaving the Med to us Brits. Bring it on!

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Look at the data, arctic ice is up.
    less than eight weeks to go till the end of the melt season, and it hasn't started melting properly yet.
    Huh? Eight weeks from now is mid-August, Arctic ice always reaches a minimum in mid-September, and it most certainly is melting, and fast.

May in decline | Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis

Have a great weekend, and try to stop making stuff up.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Look at the data, arctic ice is up.
    less than eight weeks to go till the end of the melt season, and it hasn't started melting properly yet.

wasn't the arctic ice all supposed to be gone in the summer ?

in other news -
    polar bears are up
    Antarctic ice is up

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Greenland ice tracking well above the 25 year average
    Surely if you've learned one thing by now, its that Tony Heller has not one truthful bone in his body?

Hmmmm … must remember to check back at that site when we really do reach the MIDDLE of the melt season. See if the current cold snap persists or not.

Meanwhile the Arctic sea ice is 2sd below average ….

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    ....hmmm

But is there more accumulation than normal ?

Hint ...look at the data
    The data shows me a fairly 'normal' year to date with a recent uptick. So what? Its called 'weather'. A weather event in July 2012 caused a unprecedented and remarkable few days, with 97% of the sheet in melt.

An intense Greenland melt season: 2012 in review | Greenland Ice Sheet Today

You're not going to tell us the long term (30 year) trend is not consistently negative?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Huh? Its fairly clear from the surface mass balance graph you posted that the SMB accumulates for nine months of the year, offset by melting from mid-June to September.

And you might want to read up on the definition of surface (as opposed to total) mass balance - briefly, it includes loss by accumulation and ablation processes, but excludes dynamic processes, such as glacier calving. As the last para in the linked pages notes ...
    ....hmmm

But is there more accumulation than normal ?

Hint ...look at the data

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    ref my post above. just to reinforce the point
    Greenland is gaining trillions of tons of ice, in THE MIDDLE of the melt season
    Huh? Its fairly clear from the surface mass balance graph you posted that the SMB accumulates for nine months of the year, offset by melting from mid-June to September.

And you might want to read up on the definition of surface (as opposed to total) mass balance - briefly, it includes changes by accumulation and ablation processes, but excludes dynamic processes, such as glacier calving. As the last para in the linked pages notes ...

If climate changes, the surface mass balance may change such that it no longer matches the calving and the ice sheet can start to gain or lose mass. This is important to keep track of, since such a mass loss will lead to global sea level rise. As mentioned, satellites measuring the ice sheet mass have observed a loss of around 200 Gt/year over the last decade

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Have a nice lie down and a decaff. I'm quite happy to discuss points I've actually made, points you've made up for me ...... not so much.

Less than 5% of palm oil goes to biodiesel, the vast majority ends up in foodstuffs and cosmetics etc. Always has. That scary 'deforestation' photo dates from 2009, three years earlier those doped up hippies at Friends of the Earth put out this position statement saying that chopping down the trees to make way for this product is a bad idea.
    I didn't say you suggested that deforestation is good.

Just pointing out the consequences of the actions of those you support.

..and as for palm oil, sure it's used in a wide variety of products and has for over a hundred years but what is causing the recent expansion ?

Here are the figures, because it's more than palm oil plantations:

http://www.tristatebiodiesel.com/def...ion_report.pdf

Biofuels causing deforestation is a significant problem, and your pot smoking friends are responsible, in spite of their remonstrations they don't want to see deforestation, sure, but they still prefer it to coal. They made a choice, because you have to, and deforestation it will be.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 June 2015, 14:35.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Have a nice lie down and a decaff. I'm quite happy to discuss points I've actually made, points you've made up for me ...... not so much.

Less than 5% of palm oil goes to biodiesel, the vast majority ends up in foodstuffs and cosmetics etc. Always has. That scary 'deforestation' photo dates from 2009, three years earlier those doped up hippies at Friends of the Earth put out this position statement saying that chopping down the trees to make way for this product is a bad idea.
    I didn't say you suggested that deforestation is good.

Just pointing out the consequences of the actions of those you
    support

...and as for Palm Oil, of course it's used in a wide variety of products, but where's the growth ? and what's the aim of it's expansion.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 June 2015, 14:14.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X