• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why wouldnt this work? Inverters and caravans etc."

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Take a second car battery with you if it hasn't been said.

Alternatively stay at home and watch the best bits of Glastonbury on the telly. That's what I'll be doing. Plenty of hot water; proper bed; better food and drink. Plus you'll be able to see and hear the bands much better.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Four pages of farking about cos OP won't spend to fix the gas water heater.

But it's 4 weeks JSA!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Four pages of farking about cos OP won't spend to fix the gas water heater.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Foods not an issue. Gas cooker works fine. Its hot water for shower....

I dont care - I just wont wash but this is Mrs PC ....
    Just get a load of these....

Waterless Shower Pack

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I've just done Download. The bloke in a tent near us had four big batteries and an inverter. He was running a fridge, a microwave and a few other odds and sods. He charged the batteries up before setting off and topped them up with his car over the weekend using jump leads (I guess as I didn't see him do it)

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Save the money. Buy a 'Now whateverthenumberis' CD. Get naked and drunk and puke in the lounge.

Put money towards war chest. Save the grief on CUK next time you are benched

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Er, the cigarette lighter socket is fused at 15A or so & you're trying to pull 83A through it.

Snot gonna work.

You'd need a direct connection (and a meaty one at that) to the vehicle battery terminals.

Dunno if there are many car alternators rated for that sort of current.

Well I found an 80A version via google.

I'm sure there must be 100A versions available.

I think I'd fix the gas heater.
    Indeed, £80 for the inverter and £1500 for a new electrical system when the car goes into meltdown.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Tight as a gnats chuff as the old saying goes.
    20 Litre Solar Camping Shower

£8 for a shower

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    12v Car Battery to 230v 2 Home Mains USB Socket 1000w, 2000w Peak Power Inverter | eBay

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Slightly curious about how you're going to draw something over 85 amps through an outlet protected by a 15 amp fuse...
    Lost me know but I understand this is between car battery and inverter box.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

I'll let someone else say it.
    Tight as a gnats chuff as the old saying goes.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    There's a shower in that pic?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Slightly curious about how you're going to draw something over 85 amps through an outlet protected by a 15 amp fuse...
    Every good electrical engineer knows this.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I dont care - I just wont wash but this is Mrs PC ....
    give her a rub down like any good thoroughbred!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X