• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IPSE - worth renewing membership?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by LouC View Post
    However it's time to renew my membership and I've seen they've rebranded themselves as IPSE, and the focus is much less on IT contractors. There's not much focus on their site about IR35.

I've emailed them to ask about this, but have received no reply.

Is anyone still with them? Do you think they'd still be useful in an IR35 situation?
    If your only concern is IR35 protection, then there are other options available to you.

However, if you consider the range of benefits that they offer - jury duty, sickness cover, client bankruptcy cover, agency bankruptcy cover, lobbying the government, being the primary voice of independents - then membership should be a no-brainer.

You could ask the same question on the IPSE forums - or have a look over there as other people have asked the same kind of question recently. But you won't get much of a different answer than that given in this thread already.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    I don't post much because I'm not so interested in chat. Sorry.
    A/S/L?

Leave a comment:

• LouC
    replied
    Thanks to those who offered sensible responses.

@Troll - yes, I am a real person.

@original PM - My first name is Lou, and my surname starts with C. I don't post much because I'm not so interested in chat. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    They'll still fight your case if HMRC come a'knocking about IR35 or anything else, so if that's your primary reason for membership, it's still sound.

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    I'll be renewing, it's a no brainer!

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Where does it say they are moving away from their original core membership who are roughly 60% IT, 40% engineering and O&G?

Look at it another way, that membership is well represented and protected, time now to expand - not change - to other trades. And it's well to remember that there are a lot of independent trades out there who face exactly the same issues as "IT Contractors" but who don't actually realise it yet.

Leave a comment:

• TheCoconutDog
    replied
    To the OP: I'm still with IPSE but not just for the IR35 cover, but because they're the only game in town for representing me and what I do to government. As NLUK has pointed out, there's more than just Tax Investigation insurance in the membership.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    To be fair we are tit gits, and that's just the southern shandy drinking ones, let alone those up in Krankie land
    What's wrong with tits?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    What about jury service cover, agent going bump cover, all the discounts available? What about the raft of other benefits. Did you look in to them? Are you cash strapped so a couple of hundred quid is a problem? Maybe they are focussing less on IT contractors because it appears not many IT contractors appear to give a toss about them?
    To be fair we are tit gits, and that's just the southern shandy drinking ones, let alone those up in Krankie land

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    What about jury service cover, agent going bump cover, all the discounts available? What about the raft of other benefits. Did you look in to them? Are you cash strapped so a couple of hundred quid is a problem? Maybe they are focussing less on IT contractors because it appears not many IT contractors appear to give a toss about them?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    hmm

joined in 2007

61 posts in 8 years....

LouC

Lucy???

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Let me know what you think, cheers
    Lou
    Is this another mod generated sockie to promote discussion ?

Leave a comment:

• LouC
    started a topic IPSE - worth renewing membership?

IPSE - worth renewing membership?

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time contractor, and for most that time I've been a member of the PCG. The sole reason for this was for them to fight my case if the HMRC ever came knocking about IR35.

However it's time to renew my membership and I've seen they've rebranded themselves as IPSE, and the focus is much less on IT contractors. There's not much focus on their site about IR35.

I've emailed them to ask about this, but have received no reply.

Is anyone still with them? Do you think they'd still be useful in an IR35 situation?

Let me know what you think, cheers
    Lou

Working...
X