• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Most Successful Cukker Ever since the 90's!"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    This missus isn't happy. She's made more money from this site then all those names put together.... apparently..

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I liked HAB. It was his threads that made me think it would be a good idea to post in CUK General...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Heart problems if I remember right, always saying he was expecting to go soon, that and personal hygiene issues.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    If I remember correctly HAB screen scraped financial sites looking for arbitrage.

I could be wrong.
    Correct, and he said he had whumped up a handy app for collating the resulting data on his Blackberry, and about the same time I read that someone in East London (where he lived) had flogged a similar sounding app for several million. And not long after, HAB stopped posting here.

(It is sad to think he might have died, as someone else mentioned. I remember him also saying he had health problems.)

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    HAB died.
    His blog stopped suddenly in 2010. I hope you are wrong, I liked HAB.

I liked his view on Labour.

NSFW

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Fa1hDzhnx0...off+labour.jpg

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    If I remember correctly HAB screen scraped financial sites looking for arbitrage.

I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    The successful ones aren't going to be posting on here about it.

PRC and n5gooner had "real" businesses and haven't been seen for a while.
    WHS

I reckon HairyArsedBloke was that guy who trousered £ 10,000,000 for selling his mobile app to some megacorp.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I will miss remarkably few of the esteemed ones.

It's right enough that you only remember the outstandingly bright ones (not many of those), and the outstandingly mediocre ones (plenty of those).

The middling ones just blend into annonymity
    Name and Shame!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    My brother was a social worker, retired at 50 and probably gets about 18k pension a year. Bored out of his tits but stuck in that hinterland of being given just enough not to want to get a new job.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    HAB died.
    Automatically makes him more successful than 2/3 on here I'd have thought.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How do we count success? Presumably it is money - real or imagined?

Wasn't there a rumour that HAB made a ton of dosh?
    HAB died.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    How do we count success? Presumably it is money - real or imagined?

Wasn't there a rumour that HAB made a ton of dosh?

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Labour Party has already raided your pension pot and / or the Insurance company failed to deliver the returns promised & the State Pension is seriously reduced for those that contracted out to SERPS
    What will keep you in your dotage?

Well that is the Labour strategy, to raid everything that generates income so that everybody relies on state handouts and in turn vote for the party that hands out the most !!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    The esteemed ones will miss you.
    Is that better than a few of the esteemed ones going missing when Zeity gets peckish?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Least successful: Zeity: ZeityBoredNow(tm)

Looking on the bright side: less than 1000 excruciating days to go.
    The esteemed ones will miss you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X