• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should the UK respect the cultures of other countries?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Which must explain why the UK is the most unequal country in the EU according to the GINI which measures distribution of income among a nation’s residents and is one of the most commonly used indicators of inequality: http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites...t/ef1510en.pdf

But for the Eurosceptics here, ignore the report as it was funded by the EU
    Let him believe England is the best....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    True, completely so.

That being said the UK is in a very small minority with having gender equality enshrined not only in law, but in practice. More than a few European countries may have the laws, but they ignore them. Whole swathes of the world officially treat the genders differently, it may be objectionable to us, but misogynist behaviour is the norm.
    Which must explain why the UK is the most unequal country in the EU according to the GINI which measures distribution of income among a nation’s residents and is one of the most commonly used indicators of inequality: http://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites...t/ef1510en.pdf

But for the Eurosceptics here, ignore the report as it was funded by the EU

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    sadly I fear this is nothing more than an official excuse for dirty old men too get their jollies from looking at the jack dannies of young virgin's

these people really do need to go extinct quite soon.
    And they don't just want to look.

The sooner they are helped on their way the better. The UK should invade Indonesia and make it part of the Empire.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    sadly I fear this is nothing more than an official excuse for dirty old men too get their jollies from looking at the jack dannies of young virgin's

these people really do need to go extinct quite soon.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. MF's Todger with a magnifying glass
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I miss those days before kids, wife and a dog. Free to roam the world, stocking up my tat shop. I learnt both Indonesian and Thai. Travelled around both countries, islands. Been on the top of an active volcano at 3am gazing at the stars and lava. Motor biking around Northern Thailand, Laos. Being chased by opium drug smugglers with machetes in Burma. Fights with drug dealers in Katmandu. Staring at the Milky Way at the top of the Himalayas, watching the static of your yak sheets burst into colour in the dry air, buying and taking school supplies to refuges in the Golden triangle, seeing who had the biggest todger in a ladyboy Thai boxing changing room.

And here I am texting in a expensive wine bar in Santana Rowe with designer clad Silicon Valley American wannabes laughing loudly and listening to a covers band of middle aged hippies.

Sigh. When did I sell out.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I miss those days before kids, wife and a dog. Seeing who had the biggest todger in a ladyboy Thai boxing changing room.
    Could you find it among the rolls of fat?

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post

Whereas erections are held in Japan every 4 years.
    Tee hee

(Does that explain the low birth rate?)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Just 18 months and that's me set for life.
    good luck!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Salary Slut!
    Just 18 months and that's me set for life.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    And here I am texting in a expensive wine bar in Santana Rowe with designer clad Silicon Valley American wannabes laughing loudly and listening to a covers band of middle aged hippies.

Salary Slut!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I got propositioned on about my 2nd day there. Not by a woman unfortunately. Mind you that was a long time ago. Indonesia is not the relatively tolerant Muslim country it used to be, like all the others it's getting more extreme every year.
    I miss those days before kids, wife and a dog. Free to roam the world, stocking up my tat shop. I learnt both Indonesian and Thai. Travelled around both countries, islands. Been on the top of an active volcano at 3am gazing at the stars and lava. Motor biking around Northern Thailand, Laos. Being chased by opium drug smugglers with machetes in Burma. Fights with drug dealers in Katmandu. Staring at the Milky Way at the top of the Himalayas, watching the static of your yak sheets burst into colour in the dry air, buying and taking school supplies to refuges in the Golden triangle, seeing who had the biggest todger in a ladyboy Thai boxing changing room.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Are beer and blow jobs allowed in Wales?!?! Erections are now banned in Scotland.
    Whereas erections are held in Japan every 4 years.

And no, we shouldn't respect any culture that is so backwards that it uses religion to justify such barbaric practices.
    Last edited by tractor; 18 May 2015, 08:18.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I got propositioned on about my 2nd day there. Not by a woman unfortunately. Mind you that was a long time ago. Indonesia is not the relatively tolerant Muslim country it used to be, like all the others it's getting more extreme every year.
    Would not surprise if it gets load of money from Saudi which than sets up its Wahabi/Salafist schools there and lobbies the government.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    When I was younger, I was propositioned so many times

Leave a comment:

Working...
X