• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3 years of happy marriage..."

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Strange as you always post on here as the downtrodden hausfrau with simmering hatred for your beloved.
    hey Suity not everyone can be the catch you are!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Strange as you always post on here as the downtrodden hausfrau with simmering hatred for your beloved.

Not sure where you got downtrodden from - au contraire, he's more than happy for me to do my own thing. I confess I have been known to moan about his priorities in life (footie first, second and third) but he's like a comfy pair of slippers - irreplaceable.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    ... as the old joke goes.

Silver wedding anniversary coming up in a few months.

I want to get Mr ms something a bit special, but struggling for ideas. (Hookers are a given.)

I thought about a nice watch (Breitling maybe), but someone (bunk? HyperD?) said it was something he'd need to want, and TBH he doesn't really wear chunky watches.

He doesn't wear any other jewellery, but I wouldn't be averse to buying the male equivalent of an eternity ring if such a thing exists.

Haven't really got a set budget - more than happy to spend a few K for the right present.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I'd prefer a diamond encrusted ring...
    I really wouldn't use the word encrusted here. Especially when its possible that the encrusting material could be something else.

diamond encrusted is not quite encrusted with diamonds... There is a potential element of doubt which I'm sure would provide some with a cheap joke..

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Pearl Necklace?

(and no, I have not read the rest of the thread..... waits......)
    I'd prefer a diamond encrusted ring...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Decided not to bother, and go with the couple of nights away thing instead.

I did, he said "dunno, nothing", hence the couple of nights away thing instead.

I've made it clear it's my present to him, therefore it's not unreasonable for me to expect a present in return
    Pearl Necklace?

(and no, I have not read the rest of the thread..... waits......)

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Did you decide on a ring or jewellery gift? Personally, I'd have a gold ring or heavy gold chain bracelet rather than a fancy watch (which I'd like to choose for myself).

And many congrats by the way I'm very impressed! I don't think I'm cut out to be with someone for that long
    Decided not to bother, and go with the couple of nights away thing instead.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You could always ask him what he'd like (if anything) for a present.

Just saying, like...
    I did, he said "dunno, nothing", hence the couple of nights away thing instead.

I've made it clear it's my present to him, therefore it's not unreasonable for me to expect a present in return

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    ... as the old joke goes.

Silver wedding anniversary coming up in a few months.

I want to get Mr ms something a bit special, but struggling for ideas. (Hookers are a given.)

I thought about a nice watch (Breitling maybe), but someone (bunk? HyperD?) said it was something he'd need to want, and TBH he doesn't really wear chunky watches.

He doesn't wear any other jewellery, but I wouldn't be averse to buying the male equivalent of an eternity ring if such a thing exists.

Haven't really got a set budget - more than happy to spend a few K for the right present.

Any ideas?
    You could always ask him what he'd like (if anything) for a present.

Just saying, like...

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Did you decide on a ring or jewellery gift? Personally, I'd have a gold ring or heavy gold chain bracelet rather than a fancy watch (which I'd like to choose for myself).

And many congrats by the way I'm very impressed! I don't think I'm cut out to be with someone for that long

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You didn't follow up your Secret Santa then?
    its not just a squirt if NLYUK is involved.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I was already on a promise that night, and I don't mean from Eek!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If he is not game I will come, anything for a squirt up the jacksy and a chateaubriand!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Have booked 2 nights in a 180 city view room at the Shard. It's even got a toilet that gives you a squirt up the jacksy.

Refundable, in case it goes tits up before then.

Think I might take him to Hawksmoor too.
    If he is not game I will come, anything for a squirt up the jacksy and a chateaubriand!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Have booked 2 nights in a 180 city view room at the Shard. It's even got a toilet that gives you a squirt up the jacksy.

Refundable, in case it goes tits up before then.

Think I might take him to Hawksmoor too.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    20 years married for me next year lol. Surprising since shes a bit annoyed at times.....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X