• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chucking their toys out the pram already..."

Collapse

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Ah Bless them !

Its a tribute to our dear Democracy that they are allowed to protest - naturally in a few years time they will be too busy working to pay of the mortgage and the childrens school fees to indulge in such frippery.

For it is written ...

"The slothful hand has brought about poverty, but the hand of the industrious man prepares riches" [Proverbs 10:4];

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Would Mitch any of them ?

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    These bonnie protestors can come and protest outside my house any time. I'll even bring them some tea and biscuits

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    You just know half the people in that picture need to go an meet Mummy outside of Harrods at 5pm for a lift home as public transport is too dangerous!

Just cannot even take them seriously!

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So Australia is not democratic?
    I'm not sure that I ever implied that it wasn't (although Deomocracy is a loose term - so arguably there will be degrees).

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    So are you saying that nascent Tory voters are demonstrating against Tory government?
    FTFY.

A bit like the trotskyite Che Guervara lovers on £200k running unions?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I will not be surprised if these poor feckers start rioting and pillage homes and shops, thanks to the lack of handouts.

Guess I will invest in a good baseball bat.
    we will need to shoot some known gangster first, so they have a cause. Maybe shoot their dealer they will riot if they can't buy coke with Daddy's money.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Nope they actually turn into Tory voters.

Most of the young people you see on those type of demonstrations are from privileged backgrounds. Less privileged young people are too busy going about their lives and aren't interested in politics like that.

The ones who riot are from all backgrounds and this wasn't a riot.
    So are you saying that Tory voters are demonstrating against Tory government?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Or Labour or UKIP or BNP voters. Unless you are not up for generalisation.
    Nope they actually turn into Tory voters.

Most of the young people you see on those type of demonstrations are from privileged backgrounds. Less privileged young people are too busy going about their lives and aren't interested in politics like that.

The ones who riot are from all backgrounds and this wasn't a riot.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Another 5 years is going to be one massive ******* shock for spongers. Brilliant.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    I will not be surprised if these poor feckers start rioting and pillage homes and shops, thanks to the lack of handouts.

Guess I will invest in a good baseball bat.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    The young feckers who are protesting grow up, work in finance and turn into Tory voters.
    Or Labour or UKIP or BNP voters. Unless you are not up for generalisation.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The young feckers who are protesting grow up, work in finance and turn into Tory voters.

(I went to university with some like that.)
    WSS

When you haven't set out from the world of mum & dad, they expect the state to provide handouts like their parents have done. Once the cold light of realization kicks in, they'll kick and scream for a bit, before eventually realizing that under a Tory Government you'll have to get a job and pay your way. Then as they get older, have kids, get married, get settled, they'll realize that if you want something you have to work for it.

Of course, if you get a Labour government for a while, then you get a whole generation who thinks that they're entitled to free handouts.

Another 5 years is going to be one massive ******* shock for a lot of people. Brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I'm not willing to pay for them mate

Shoot the feckers, I say.

(I went to university with some like that.)

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Isnt it natural that the spongers of the state who get free money for doing nothing, will get angry when the money tap stops ?

The working class will vote and then get back to work, regardless of who has won.
    ^ Absolutely this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X