• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Maybe they can afford a babysitter..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    You believe that?
    You feel tempted to steal someone else's property just because you can see it?

That says a lot about you.
    Seeing a mound of cash - it would be quite a big pile - it would be normal to stop and stare and any opportunist thief would be very tempted.

You know exactly what I meant, stop being awkward

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Are you saying you wouldn't be tempted?

DA would more than likely get an offshore 'graduate' to steal it and take 25%

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Not even me

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Yes, but equally, if DA saw the toddler unattended he'd be in there getting them to sign an Opt Out form, an exclusive representation agreement and asking them for references.
    He would sell the toddler on high street

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied

Yes, but equally, if DA saw the toddler unattended he'd be in there getting them to sign an Opt Out form, an exclusive representation agreement and asking them for references.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You might like to back that up

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Most people walking past a house who saw a big pile of cash unattended would be tempted to grab it. The same would not be said of a toddler.
    You might like to back that up

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Most people walking past a house who saw a big pile of cash unattended would be tempted to grab it. The same would not be said of a toddler.
    You believe that?
    You feel tempted to steal someone else's property just because you can see it?

That says a lot about you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I am sure that the McCanns would not leave their £357,000 unattended in the villa while they go out to dinner.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I am sure that the McCanns would not leave their £357,000 unattended in the villa while they go out to dinner.
    I'm sure that your typical robber wouldn't kidnap a child.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    It's a risk assessment - like everything else in life. Back in the day it was perceived to be less of a risk - as evidenced by the fact that so many people did it. Now it's too risky.

My point is that there is a transition between those two points and that someone will inevitably the the last one to be a victim before the general consensus is that it's too risky.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Someone must have or it would still be normal now.
    It's a risk assessment - like everything else in life. Back in the day it was perceived to be less of a risk - as evidenced by the fact that so many people did it. Now it's too risky.

My point is that there is a transition between those two points and that someone will inevitably the the last one to be a victim before the general consensus is that it's too risky.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    Is that where you've got Suity stashed away?
    No, he should be home by now, was only here yesterday afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Cullingworth B&B, need I say more?
    Is that where you've got Suity stashed away?

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    "Having a thing" and "getting it" are two separate en'tit'ies.
    Cullingworth B&B, need I say more?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X