• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why secularism has failed......."

Collapse

• Nipple Clamp
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I do firmly believe that Armaggedon will come in 2016. Just as it did in 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 2000

http://bishopbooyah.wordpress.com/20...again/#more-61
    A British mathematician, G N Watson , (of Whittacker and Watson fame, and editing the Ramanujan papers fame, etc) travelled to Edinburgh in August 1914 to collect an award for some work he had done, a day or two before the outbreak of the Great War. Later, in September 1939, he had to visit there a second time to give a talk at some conference, a couple of days before the Nazis invaded Poland.

After that, he joked that he was reluctant to visit Scotland again, in case he started World War 3! (You'll be relieved to know he died in 1965.)

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Eat my non-believing arse.

Think of how far we could have progressed if religion didn't control the brainwashed minions like Chico. Look at how far we've come in the last 50 years since free thinking became fashionable.

God is as obsolete as edlin (no editor religious wars please).

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Xog tip for me - JW's are a cult and they are cranks at that!!
    Pot, kettle, black !

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I do firmly believe that Armaggedon will come in 2016. Just as it did in 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975 and 2000

Xog tip for me - JW's are a cult and they are cranks at that!!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    What's the deal with the eye then ? Surely that can have evolved from a bundle of light sensitive cells to a fully formed eye in half a billion odd years just like any other of natures creations ?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by Nipple Clamp
    Did you notice that word "seems"? Try quoting the next few sentences as well, imbecile.
    Oh dear an intellectual atheist responds.

Leave a comment:

• Nipple Clamp
    replied
    The atheists should do well to read Darwin's words.

To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

Origin of Species - Chapter 6
    Did you notice that word "seems"? Try quoting the next few sentences as well, imbecile.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Its seems interesting the most avowed "atheist" in the UK - Richard Dawkins was happy to accept there being a "cosmic intelligence" that was behind the origin of life, on the Heaven and Earth show this morning. His problem was the Biblical concepts of forgiveness, repentance and redemption. It shows that the issue at hand is not an intellectual one but a moral one. If the self styled "atheists" keep insisting that theists are somehow lacking in intelligence they only point to their own mental inadequacies.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I must admit, having previously theorised that Chico must be living proof of the non-existence of God, I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't also disprove Darwins theory of natural selection. Survival of the fittest? How the hell did Chico make it out of the gene pool?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It takes more faith to be an atheist than it is to believe in God. As for me I am off to church

Chico out.
    Ah, the last refuge of the scoundrel.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Now that does not compute!! And for those who can claim that there is no God, I would ask how would they know?
    Belief, I s'pose... I have faiththat there's nothing out there.

We're on our own. If we c0ck it up, it's our fault. If we make a go of it, that's our fault too.
    Last edited by cojak; 24 September 2006, 09:27.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    It takes more faith to be an atheist than it is to believe in God. As for me I am off to church

Chico out.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Chico, do you mind?

We were having a theological discussion before you so rudely interrupted.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    It really amazes me that so called logic and intellectual people can believe that the whole creation just appeared out of nothing!! If I said t my car just evolved of the nothing you would think I was barking mad but the same logic is applied is to the origin of life. Now that does not compute!! And for those who can claim that there is no God, I would ask how would they know? That is an absolute statement which would require the person having all knowledge about everything. They obviously do not. The real reason is that the self styled atheist does not want to countenance that there is a God because that would imply they would have to be subject to God's will. The atheists should do well to read Darwin's words.

To suppose that the eye could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.

Origin of Species - Chapter 6

Leave a comment:

Working...
X