• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you reward yourself for contract extensions?"

Collapse

• Pogle
    replied
    To answer the question - yes, I have a LOT of handbags, and shoes

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    That monitor looks very nice. 2 reviews on Amazon, a 5* and a 1*, what to make of that

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I do
    because an extension is like a pay rise because you don't have to spend bench time looking for a job.

I normally splash out on an extra big piece of stinky blue cheese to go with my cheese and crackers, as opposed to a normal sized piece

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    Do you reward yourself for contract extensions?
    No.

If your contract gets canned early, are you going to smash the reward that you've bought?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I bought a set of these once to celebrate an extension. Although I probably would have bought them anyway because they are beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Isn't circumventing the profanity filter a bannable offense?
    Not in General, specifically.

And offence

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I used to reward myself with a new suit each time. That's right, I dressed to impress when I contracted.

Now my wardrobe looks like a rack at Burtons with sizes all they way up for somebody no longer my size.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I normally have a pot noodle and a wink to celebrate in my contractor lodgings (Travelodge alongside the M4).

I say live a little - go and buy the new toy.
    Isn't circumventing the profanity filter a bannable offense?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
    lose the screen get a 3 way with some hookers instead
    Has one of Tarbies sockies just outed themselves ?

Leave a comment:

• Mincepie
    replied
    lose the screen get a 3 way with some hookers instead

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    I've done well and even negotiate a tiny increase on contract extension.
    I'm thinking of getting this LG 34UM95 screen, which will, as a side effect also boost my productivity.
    Any thoughts, should I save for a rainy day instead?
    IWOOT!

Is it a PC screen or a TV screen? (Probably doesn't make much difference)

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    The screen, pot noodles and a wink it is then!

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Unless you currently have no monitor, a pot noodle will boost your productivity more than a larger screen.

So would a quick wink to help you concentrate

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Unless you currently have no monitor, a pot noodle will boost your productivity more than a larger screen.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    It's only £600 on Amazon - that's what, a day or two's work? Get to it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X