• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Business mobile phone advice"

Collapse

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    I notice you're in London. How do you find coverage outside London? Also, have you tried to get the monthly/PAYG contract in the company name or is it a strictly personal contract (I ask, because I'm not on the FRS; not that the VAT adds that much, of course).
    Essex now and coverage is fine. Not much 4G out this way yet.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    Yeah, but it's a personal account for £15 monthly. I'd prefer a business account with unlimited internet, at least I can expense it.
    According to Uswitch, the only company that does unlimited data is Three (which is actually incorrect since giffgaff do it as well).

So if that's what you really want, then stick with three as a personal customer. Or ring them and see if they will deal with you as a business customer and what tariffs they offer.

Leave a comment:

• ujjain
    replied
    Yeah, but it's a personal account for £15 monthly. I'd prefer a business account with unlimited internet, at least I can expense it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by ujjain View Post
    I currently have unlimited internet for £15 monthly at Three. Any business plans with cheap unlimited internet?
    Isn't that cheap?

Leave a comment:

• ujjain
    replied
    I currently have unlimited internet for £15 monthly at Three. Any business plans with cheap unlimited internet?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
    Maybe if you are a heavy user. I pay £15/month for unlimited texts, data (with 4GB tethering) and 300 minutes with 3 (plus 300 minutes same network). What business plan can match that? I couldn't even find another personal plan to beat that.
    Personal plan - giffgaff £15 a month - unlimited texts, 500 minutes free calls, free to other giffgaff users, 5GB data usage, tethering allowed.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I spoke to ee and the 'new' tarriffs were nowhere to be seem. So I've gone for the vodaphone one. It also includes 12 months Spotify premium, sky sports mobile and now tv. And £35 cashback from Quidco

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Maybe if you are a heavy user. I pay £15/month for unlimited texts, data (with 4GB tethering) and 300 minutes with 3 (plus 300 minutes same network). What business plan can match that? I couldn't even find another personal plan to beat that.
    How is that a relevant argument? You said personal was cheaper than business, and now you say you can't find a personal plan that good. So how does that make personal cheaper?
    If that's unlimited data it can't be beat, as no-one does unlimited data that cheap anymore, including 3, - but that doesn't help new customers.

For unlimited texts, 4G (with tethering - I've never had a plan that didn't allow it) and at least 600 minutes to any network (inc. BT) you could take Vodafone 900 minutes for £11.67 + VAT, or pay more for more data (and more voice). They charge exactly the same for personal and business, just quote gross vs net.

Leave a comment:

• aoxomoxoa
    replied
    I'm on the same Voda SIM only deal, plus an extra £2.50 per month for 300 minutes on 0800 etc numbers, which for me is a no-brainer due to the large number of conf calls that use such numbers. The unlimited calls is well worth having as I used to blow the 600 mins threshold on the previous plan.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    I notice you're in London. How do you find coverage outside London? Also, have you tried to get the monthly/PAYG contract in the company name or is it a strictly personal contract (I ask, because I'm not on the FRS; not that the VAT adds that much, of course).

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Unless 3 have got significantly better than they were a few years back, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than go back to them.

For what I actually use it for, I'm considering just going with a GiffGaff goodybag thing and then when I know I'm going to be away topping up some extra data on there.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    I'm with 3 too and it's nice to be able to use it in the US and a load of other countries without even thinking about cost.

Leave a comment:

• TheCyclingProgrammer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
    And as discussed last time, business tariffs are not more expensive than personal. So get a sim on a business plan, paid for by the business.

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I'm approaching the end of my business contract with t mobile. it was £36 a month and unlimited everything although the data was 3g and included the galaxy s4 when it released. I was pretty happy with it but I've been told that I won't be offered an upgrade on that tarriff because they want to move everybody to ee's 4g network. They will let me stay of the tarriff but I'll have to continue to pay the full amount per month, part of which was the cost of the handset. So I'm in he same boat, looking around for a new deal.

Vodaphone business are doing sim only for 25+vat for unlimted calls and texts and 20gb of data for a 12 month deal. I called ee to compare and was toldd that new tarrifs are being announced tomorrow which have a big data portion. So I'm going to hang fire until then.

I'll be buying moy phone out right up front this time.
    I have a sim only deal with Vodafone which is unlimited calls and texts and 4GB of data - I never go anywhere near it.

£13.50 per month + VAT.

It's not a business deal though. Not sure why you need that.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I'm approaching the end of my business contract with t mobile. it was £36 a month and unlimited everything although the data was 3g and included the galaxy s4 when it released. I was pretty happy with it but I've been told that I won't be offered an upgrade on that tarriff because they want to move everybody to ee's 4g network. They will let me stay of the tarriff but I'll have to continue to pay the full amount per month, part of which was the cost of the handset. So I'm in he same boat, looking around for a new deal.

Vodaphone business are doing sim only for 25+vat for unlimted calls and texts and 20gb of data for a 12 month deal. I called ee to compare and was toldd that new tarrifs are being announced tomorrow which have a big data portion. So I'm going to hang fire until then.

I'll be buying moy phone out right up front this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X