• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend Thread!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend Thread!"

Collapse

• I just need to test it
    replied
    How kind of you to ask.

It'll be active. We need to get some scar tissue on our asses in preparation for a summer cycling holiday. I'd like to go down to the beach on Saturday as we haven't had the boards out in over a year, but it's parky so wifey may resist.

There's rugby too, isn't there? I may watch that.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well next grub club is in Brugge in September, so they now have another recommendation.

TFA. More interesting than last weekend.

Fri: GF#1's daughter is staying over, so wine, wine, wine, more ribeye steaks with peppercorn sauce and leftover dauphinoise potatoes
    Sat: Finding a birthday pressie for GF#1 and then off to Bristol to dine in GF#1's brother's Mexican restaurant
    Sun: Slobbing around watching films, eating chocolates, ... and mourning the fact that we're not in the Netherlands with the Grub Club... goddamn you, hyperClient#1!!!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I stayed in a (Golden?) Tulip hotel in Bruges one time. It was pretty decent
    Well next grub club is in Brugge in September, so they now have another recommendation.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    TFA

MY daughter's been staying with us all week as she's working nearby. She's staying the weekend as well so all's good in my World.

Working from home Friday.

Saturday, taking the Bentley for a drive in the New Forest and to try out the new camera for real before we go on holiday. Out for dinner in Winchester in the evening.

Sunday, a few jobs to do around the house and might pop down the pub for lunch if it's nice.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post

I remember staying in one while working at Cap Gemini in Utrecht, it was also quite nice, and quite posh.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    the Golden Tulip hotel (yes really)

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Tomorrow - Irish pub in Falls Church: Home
    Saturday - sightseeing in Washington followed by brewpub: Mad Fox Brewing Company
    Sunday - shopping at Tyson Corner followed by brewpub: Dogfish Head Alehouse - Gaithersburg, MD | Falls Church, VA | Fairfax, VA

Have a good one everyone...

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattski View Post
    TFA!

Tomorrow: sitting down very quietly. Been getting headaches lately.

Saturday: shopping for wedding rings in the morning, then rugby, then heading to a friend's holiday cottage thing for drinks and food.

Sunday: um. Coming home, maybe go for a ride if the weather's good?

You got owt on?
    T shirt, jeans, underwear and my glasses. You?

Leave a comment:

• Mattski
    replied
    TFA!

Tomorrow: sitting down very quietly. Been getting headaches lately.

Saturday: shopping for wedding rings in the morning, then rugby, then heading to a friend's holiday cottage thing for drinks and food.

Sunday: um. Coming home, maybe go for a ride if the weather's good?

You got owt on?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Thanks for asking!

Friday evening - not much.

I am ill (took 2 days off being as I am a permie now and get paid anyway) and Mrs MUN is run down (report time for teachers along with a school inspection). Hence I am guessing we will both be asleep pretty early.

Saturday:

Take Mini and Micro MUN to gymnastics. Maybe find something to do with them in the afternoon and some friends are coming over in the evening. Will probably book a holiday at the Efterling for us all being as the kids love it there (and it is far better and cheaper than Disney).

Sunday:

Take everyone to church and doze for a few hours. Take the kids to an indoor play area or something, some friends are coming over for a play date (for the kids, no car keys involved) and then training in the evening if I feel better. Will get to hit people again, which will be nice!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so when do you retire to be a kept man?

congrats on the plan B.
    Given her approach to running this business, never, but its keeping her happy....

Thankfully my plan b is nearly ready to go and will happily run alongside contracting until it pays enough....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Despite not having touch studio lights for 20 years, the missus is somehow generating sales leads for me faster than I can cope

So this weekend will be mostly spent photographing MILFs (clothed sadly)

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Saturday - Jennybeth is at a show selling chocolates. So I've got the twins.

Sunday - Jennybeth is at a Middlesbrough's Farmers market. I've got the twins so will take them to the market, then boro, then to see my colleague's new build mansion.
    so when do you retire to be a kept man?

congrats on the plan B.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Sunday - Jennybeth is at a Middlesbrough's Farmers market. I've got the twins so will take them to the market, then boro, then to see my colleague's new build mansion.
    If you send me some free samples I'm sure I can write a review in Kitchen Exile

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X