• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "NHS £2 billion and counting"

Collapse

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Presumably you need to dial 666 to get an Australian paramedic.

Or stand on your head and dial 999

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Something similar happened to a friend of mine, he told the crew he was privately insured, they made some calls and delivered him into a private hospital.
    If they had a choice of a 20 minute detour or a 45 minute wait at NHS A&E I can see they would be happy to dump you at private A&E.

However I live not far from an A&E so unless I was dying/head injury/back injury etc, someone whether they where flagged down on the street be able to dump me at A&E as it would be quicker than calling an ambulance.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    So if you collapse they will send an ambulance out to you?

What happens if you do collapse i.e. faint, come round and find someone has called 999? Do you refuse to get in?
    Something similar happened to a friend of mine, he told the crew he was privately insured, they made some calls and delivered him into a private hospital.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Presumably you need to dial 666 to get an Australian paramedic.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    No, I have out of hours, 24 hour coverage.
    So if you collapse they will send an ambulance out to you?

What happens if you do collapse i.e. faint, come round and find someone has called 999? Do you refuse to get in?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You mean like this? Urgent Care | Services | Services and Specialties | The Princess Grace Hospital

It closes at 10pm and opens at 8am so what do you do in the night?
    No, I have out of hours, 24 hour coverage.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Yes to private A&E and yes to this - I pay for them and have used them

You mean like this? Urgent Care | Services | Services and Specialties | The Princess Grace Hospital

It closes at 10pm and opens at 8am so what do you do in the night?

Leave a comment:

• Dallas
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Do you phone a special number instead of 999, to get a private ambulance too?
    Yes to private A&E and yes to this - I pay for them and have used them

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He would have to

Chronic shortage of ambulance staff leaves NHS bosses making emergency call for Australian paramedics - Mirror Online

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    There are private hospitals with A&E, never had to use it though, as so far for a urgent appointments I could always go to a private GP clinic

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    flaw in your argument here. Despite having private insurance, you should still wait in A&E in case of an emergency.
    There are private hospitals with A&E, never had to use it though, as so far for a urgent appointments I could always go to a private GP clinic

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    posh people (and me) have private insurance and don't sit with the plebs in an NHS A&E waiting room
    flaw in your argument here. Despite having private insurance, you should still wait in A&E in case of an emergency.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    posh people (and me) have private insurance and don't sit with the plebs in an NHS A&E waiting room
    Hospitals have a 1st-class A&E lounge?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    They should step into any A&E waiting room even in "posh areas" like Chelsea and see the make up of the people waiting.
    London is a diverse city so even the rich in posh areas aren't all White. Plus rich people live right next to poor people in London.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X