• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Policies, nor personalities"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    seeing as very few parties actually come through on many of the policies they state during the run up the election it is pretty immaterial anyway......

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The green policies always remind me of this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haqDFrFIpeE

You know once they get a sniff of profit they will become Georgina.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You might want to read how the data was created before jumping to unsubstantiated claims
    The site doesn't reveal a huge deal.

I get what the site is trying to do but I struggle to believe that the proportion of people supporting Green or Labour policies is anything like what that site implies, though I remain open to being corrected on that.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    They are great if you live in a fictional world.

Since we don't and things have to be paid for....
    Yes, and of course you can vote for something with it being non-specific as to who pays for what (or alternatively, something more specific like "the rich"), but if the incidence of its cost were to devolve on you (generally speaking), or people whom you know, it'd be interesting to see how support for various policies changes. As in, if their costs/benefits were clearer, including any opportunity/unseen costs, you will see a different picture entirely. Otherwise these things remain a wishlist.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 3 March 2015, 19:24.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So they are not great at all then
    Great as in "yes I'd like to live in a world like that" not "that sounds achievable". But the survey is only asking which things you like the sound of. So promising everyone a decent income while providing wonderful public services is going to be popular

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They are great if you live in a fictional world.

Since we don't and things have to be paid for....

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    many of the Green policies are probably great, it's just they're totally implausible outside some kind of idealist utopia.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Hmm got 100% ukip! Wasn't expecting that. Maybe I need to change my vote from the Conservatives.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It doesn't need to be biased - many of the Green policies are probably great, it's just they're totally implausible outside some kind of idealist utopia.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    Well it's probably based on a fairly limited and biased sample, as is the case with many tests like this.
    You might want to read how the data was created before jumping to unsubstantiated claims

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Huh, I don't get any LibDem at all. Weird.

My constituency - staunch Labour strong-hold - shows the Greens doing best followed by Labour/Libdem in a tie.

But, their national figures show Tory support in 5th place so I wouldn't read too much into it.
    Well it's probably based on a fairly limited and biased sample, as is the case with many tests like this.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Self-loathing? That's a lefty trait too.

It is an interesting concept:

The self-loathing of the British Left is now a problem for us all – Telegraph Blogs

Alan Bennett has become an ungrateful bore - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Huh, I don't get any LibDem at all. Weird.

My constituency - staunch Labour strong-hold - shows the Greens doing best followed by Labour/Libdem in a tie.

But, their national figures show Tory support in 5th place so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I came out 80% Tory, 20% Labour, weirdly enough. I thought it might say I was a Lib Dem.

The votes for my constituency come out 26% Lab, with the Cons in 5th place with 14%. Which is odd as it's been a Tory safe seat for 30 years. Shows how little you should believe these things.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    50% tory 30% labour 20% UKIP. I am disgusted with myself about agreeing so many labour policies!
    its New Labour, you may agree with them, you will probably never see them as promised.

e.g. Create new jobs and get our economy going = import the population of Accession country so the NHS & Schools are busy and they hire more foreign Locums that can't speak English at £500 an hour to the Agent and £5 to the Doctor.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    50% tory 30% labour 20% UKIP. I am disgusted with myself about agreeing so many labour policies!
    Self-loathing? That's a lefty trait too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X