• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which Email Account should I use for my first email to ClientCo?"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    I know someone with their <CUKuserID>@yahoo.co.uk as their Email address.

Nothing wrong, but just saying!
    There are a few users who are so dumb that during the sign up process they put their email address as their username :faceplam:

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I think I know my own email address, thank you!
    I see. I was talking about a

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Are you sure?!!
    I think I know my own email address, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    it's @gmail.com, not yahoo!!
    Are you sure?!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

it's @gmail.com, not yahoo!!

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    As long as it's not something like "[email protected]" you'll be fine whatever you use.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by dmrb View Post
    I have to email ClientCo for the first time tomorrow and wish to follow correct procedure for IR35 etc.
    As long as it's not something like "[email protected]" you'll be fine whatever you use.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Or free if you piggyback one of client co's servers.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
    There are loads of similar companies out there but I use Swift internet for my website and three domains.
    Each domain has about five email accounts with a webmail interface if I want it or you can just use MS Outlook.

I use myname.co.uk, myname.com ---> Pointing to: my Company name.co.uk

I would use your email address at your domain.

i.e: [email protected]

Swift internet also do websites but I paid someone to do a basic HTML one and I just copy it up to my domain.
    I had forgotten HTML and could not be bothered to re-learn it.

If it gets overwritten but something / someone then I just copy it back again.

I pay about £200 per year but there are loads of companies that do hosting, email and domains.

p.s. If something goes wrong they are also quick to respond, so recommended.
    £200 a year!

Try Vidahost £29 a year for hosting, email and a free domain name IIRC

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by dmrb View Post
    Thanks JB. I am indeed guilty of over thinking
    No worries, I guess everyone is a little nervous on securing their first gig. You'll be amazed at what you don't know right now, but the IPSE guide is a good start. BTW, there's no need to wait for a bank account before securing an accountant. I have no experience of Crunch, but InTouch are excellent. You'll find a long list of possibilities here.

Leave a comment:

• worzelGummidge
    replied
    There are loads of similar companies out there but I use Swift internet for my website and three domains.
    Each domain has about five email accounts with a webmail interface if I want it or you can just use MS Outlook.

I use myname.co.uk, myname.com ---> Pointing to: my Company name.co.uk

I would use your email address at your domain.

i.e: [email protected]

Swift internet also do websites but I paid someone to do a basic HTML one and I just copy it up to my domain.
    I had forgotten HTML and could not be bothered to re-learn it.

If it gets overwritten but something / someone then I just copy it back again.

I pay about £200 per year but there are loads of companies that do hosting, email and domains.

p.s. If something goes wrong they are also quick to respond, so recommended.

Leave a comment:

• dmrb
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Eh? Is this a serious question? If so, you're massively over-thinking this. You'll find plenty of material on IR35 in the guides on this site (to the right). After you've read that material, it should be obvious that an e-mail address isn't one of the pillars of (demonstrating that you aren't in) disguised employment Try this too:

https://www.ipse.co.uk/guide

Why would you even consider using an info@ e-mail address anyway? Perhaps something for handling website queries, but you're a representative of YourCo and you have a real name...
    Thanks JB. I am indeed guilty of over thinking

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WJBS

Also, if you own Your Co's domain how have you "purchased two email address"?
    Owning a domain isn't the same as hosting a mail server.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    WJBS

Also, if you own Your Co's domain how have you "purchased two email address"?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Eh? Is this a serious question? If so, you're massively over-thinking this. You'll find plenty of material on IR35 in the guides on this site (to the right). After you've read that material, it should be obvious that an e-mail address isn't one of the pillars of (demonstrating that you aren't in) disguised employment Try this too:

https://www.ipse.co.uk/guide

Why would you even consider using an info@ e-mail address anyway? Perhaps something for handling website queries, but you're a representative of YourCo and you have a real name...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X