• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BMW 320d M Sport (2013 model)"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    I bought the missus a mk4 golf a number of years ago.

It has got to be the worst car i've ever bought, i literally ended up replacing everything on that car, when i sold it it was effectively brand new as it had that many new parts on it. Doing the head gasket on it in -2c on christmas eve was a particular highlight.

On the subject of BMW Msports I got a '54 BMW 535D Msport a couple of years ago for the commuter slog to various clientco and had it remapped to make the commute more fun (330bhp 600Nm ) Only thing is i'm not a big fan of the auto box on it. It's probably just its age and the fact its the only auto i've had, so nothing really to compare it against but gear changes can be unpredicatble. I put a new torque convertor on it last year which cured some of the erratic revving but the gear changes are still niggly.
    I think you will find the new auto boxes are on a completely new level. Never driven an auto like it.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Really?
    So there wasn't a single bit of the original car left?
    That's impressive, I would have got rid of it before that.

What was wrong with the ashtray?
    He is Trigger and I claim my free broom

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by Fandango View Post
    I i literally ended up replacing everything on that car
    Really?
    So there wasn't a single bit of the original car left?
    That's impressive, I would have got rid of it before that.

What was wrong with the ashtray?

Leave a comment:

• Fandango
    replied
    I bought the missus a mk4 golf a number of years ago.

It has got to be the worst car i've ever bought, i literally ended up replacing everything on that car, when i sold it it was effectively brand new as it had that many new parts on it. Doing the head gasket on it in -2c on christmas eve was a particular highlight.

On the subject of BMW Msports I got a '54 BMW 535D Msport a couple of years ago for the commuter slog to various clientco and had it remapped to make the commute more fun (330bhp 600Nm ) Only thing is i'm not a big fan of the auto box on it. It's probably just its age and the fact its the only auto i've had, so nothing really to compare it against but gear changes can be unpredicatble. I put a new torque convertor on it last year which cured some of the erratic revving but the gear changes are still niggly.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    A Golf is what you buy when you've given up on life.
    After living with vw golf for 5 years and switching to bmw, I can honestly say even when I give up on life I won't go back to a golf.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Golf is what you play when you've given up on life.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What's wrong with a Golf?
    A Golf is what you buy when you've given up on life.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    AWD?
    A*al, W*nk or D*****

HTH with none of the above

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    https://translate.google.com/transla...las&edit-text=

(site was in Finnish)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Sadly they were all booked up, but VW were demoing Golfs and (I think) Polos with a new AWD system on an ice-lake track in Lapland when we visited.

AWD on such a small car sounds rather interesting!
    AWD?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sadly they were all booked up, but VW were demoing Golfs and (I think) Polos with a new AWD system on an ice-lake track in Lapland when we visited.

AWD on such a small car sounds rather interesting!

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied

Because they don't GAS and just need something to get to work/school at 34mph?
    WDS

Also. if you have to pay a car up you can't afford it, it's a depreciating liability, especially a newish common car.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    After years of faffing around with crappy cars (namely VW golf after VW Golf) I finally went and splashed out on a nearly new BMW 320d.

How can anybody not want a car with the following specs
    Because they don't GAS and just need something to get to work/school at 34mph?

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Phew. You seem like one of the more balanced ones on here, glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    I'm only being tongue in cheek. I got the NCOTBAC for driving a manual - at the time they didn't even know that it was a 1000 quid manual that has to have a litre of oil every two petrol fills and coolant whenever it feels!
    Phew. You seem like one of the more balanced ones on here, glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X