• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parents beware, seriously"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Blocked this site on all devices in my home about a year ago, I also complained to the mods (if there are any) very inappropriate messages were sent to my 9 yo daughter
    Sorry to hear.

I also reported it to the mods. Not heard a thing back yet.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Blocked this site on all devices in my home about a year ago, I also complained to the mods (if there are any) very inappropriate messages were sent to my 9 yo daughter

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    At Mrs. d000hg's school they have something activated on iPads which allows you to lock a specific app open, so the kids can only use that app.

Then you have more control "Daddy I want to play X" "Daddy now I want to watch Y" "Daddy Daddy Daddy".
    That helps during a divorce intit?!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    At Mrs. d000hg's school they have something activated on iPads which allows you to lock a specific app open, so the kids can only use that app.

Then you have more control "Daddy I want to play X" "Daddy now I want to watch Y" "Daddy Daddy Daddy".

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's amazing how young some kids are able to start using tablets. There's more going on in their minds than you'd think, but they're unable to express it - almost like locked-in syndrome.

Personally a)SY made a mistake b)it's no worse than any other parent. Parents make mistakes pretty much all the time, it's just that normally they get away with it. Like all the times as a kid you were playing and realise "if I'd landed 1 to the left I'd have died".
    Also posted on here so that others could avoid the same mistake.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Your 18 month old can use a tablet, and read?
    It's amazing how young some kids are able to start using tablets. There's more going on in their minds than you'd think, but they're unable to express it - almost like locked-in syndrome.

Personally a)SY made a mistake b)it's no worse than any other parent. Parents make mistakes pretty much all the time, it's just that normally they get away with it. Like all the times as a kid you were playing and realise "if I'd landed 1 to the left I'd have died".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Poorer? You do know it's less than £3 for a pint here? Did you mean Pourer?
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Poorer? You do know it's less than £3 for a pint here? Did you mean Pourer?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Je suis Tyke. So feck off, ya big southern poove

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nobody admits to being a Northerner. Ergo.
    Je suis Tyke. So feck off, ya big southern poove

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    No I've been short term banned on a couple of occasions for pointing out how much of a complete twat you are, that view is shared by multiple other posters.
    With your extended history of posting total lies it's unwise for you to mention evidence.
    I refer the sockie troll to my earlier comment about sockie trolls.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Really, because he's been banned for it.

Then again you don't have a great track record with irrefutable evidence

Edit : you didn't deny he was a sockie. J'accuse!
    No I've been short term banned on a couple of occasions for pointing out how much of a complete twat you are, that view is shared by multiple other posters.
    With your extended history of posting total lies it's unwise for you to mention evidence.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If you can obtain any proof that this account is a sockpuppet or that I have a sockpuppet account I'll be impressed. Admin is quite welcome to check
    Nobody admits to being a Northerner. Ergo.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    The opinions of a sock puppet troll really don't even register on my give-a-tulip-ometer.

HTH
    If you can obtain any proof that this account is a sockpuppet or that I have a sockpuppet account I'll be impressed. Admin is quite welcome to check

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    That's a shame. TykeMerc isn't a troll and I have today in the Suity flounce sweepstake...
    Really, because he's been banned for it.

Then again you don't have a great track record with irrefutable evidence

Edit : you didn't deny he was a sockie. J'accuse!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X