• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: PM FAO Suityou01

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PM FAO Suityou01"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    When I was in a hiring capacity I used to bin immediately any CV that has a 'skill' to 'time used' table on the front page.

People who do that don't have the concept of maintainability, have no concept of what they create at that time will be incorrect in the future and will probably wish to bring that thinking into the work that they do.

I'm trying to give you a nudge to rework the CV Suity.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    So, a potential client could Google, track him back to here and read all his posts ...

Hum. Bad move professionally I feel.

V bad move.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    So, a potential client could Google, track him back to here and read all his posts ...

No potential client would read all 18,842 posts. Just a couple would do the job

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    That poster NickFitz has messed with me for the last time as well. If only I could find out who he was IRL. Grrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's on his sig.
    WTAS. View Profile: suityou01 - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    This is outing a poster so I'm pulling all links to his website.
    It's on his sig.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    fair enough but you need to edit his signature as well...
    Ta for that

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There is a later version than the PDF on the website.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    IIRC, he said the other week that the version on his site was old and out of date. He'd rewritten it based on the advice from people on here and others.
    I hope and wish that is the case. Sadly the version on the website seems to reflect the advice people gave him (it leaps from too much detail to zero detail changing format as it does) so while I dread to think how bad the previous version was this version still requires a lot of work.

The skill matrix on the first page is a case in point. Specify the technologies used so you appear in keyword CV searches but don't provide gory details in black and white like the last time you used that technology.. Let them find that out at the interview.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Well you know how you write a CV and the things you should put on there and the things that you should skip?

And you know exactly how not to write a CV and things you absolutely and definitely should not put on it.

Now imagine something far too long which even David Brent would consider OTT and you are about half way there...
    IIRC, he said the other week that the version on his site was old and out of date. He'd rewritten it based on the advice from people on here and others.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

There's just no helping some people...
    That's the crux, he was asking to be whois'd!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

There's just no helping some people...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Why would you stop a user from letting himself/herself out?!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    This is outing a poster so I'm pulling all links to his website.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X