• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Uke beginner kit

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Uke beginner kit"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Well I have sent Mr ms my birthday wishlist - my musical future is in his hands...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Too big. Given that I'll probably play it twice then chuck it at the back of a cupboard, it's probably best if it doesn't take up too much space. Perhaps I should get a Jew's Harp...
    Nah, not too big at all:

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    No Ukes ! Ban The Ukes ! No Ukes on the Clyde.

Think I may have got my campaigns mixed up !
    LOL

One of my sisters got a Fender uke which is very nice to play and I'm ashamed to admit I'm tempted but I'll tune it GDAE same as fiddle / mandolin / tenor banjo so I can play all that mega fast celtic stuff.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'll even donate my Fender Telecoustic
    No Ukes ! Ban The Ukes ! No Ukes on the Clyde.

Think I may have got my campaigns mixed up !

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I'll even donate my Fender Telecoustic

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Just don't take up the bass, they're weirdos:

Chortle!

Looks like a cross between John Lennon and Yoko, without the glasses

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Just don't take up the bass, they're weirdos:

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Allegedly he used to keep a bootful of them in his car and randomly go around knocking on doors handing them out.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Also recommend the GuitarTapp Pro app. You can enter a song and it will find you the chords and transpose them if needed.

You can set it to ukulele and it will show you the tabs for the song as well.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I got one of them last year, just the right size and extremely pleased with it...
    They are quite nice. Bought one last month, although I'm not really a big acoustic player. Play in a covers band (and do covers solo) and the current 'market' demands some of the acoustic tulipe that seems to be prevalent at the moment (Ezra/Sheeran etc).

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Get a small one then

Google Fender Telecoustic. Get one of them instead. Jeez, I may end up offering to pay the difference to prevent you ruining your life with a Uke
    I got one of them last year, just the right size and extremely pleased with it...

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Too big. Given that I'll probably play it twice then chuck it at the back of a cupboard, it's probably best if it doesn't take up too much space. Perhaps I should get a Jew's Harp...
    Get a small one then

Google Fender Telecoustic. Get one of them instead. Jeez, I may end up offering to pay the difference to prevent you ruining your life with a Uke

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Another band, King Blues, using ukulele to effect, saw them a couple of years ago:

Alternatively, learn lots of instruments at once and be like these guys, most of whom I've seen and are bloody excellent live:

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Skippy, please, please, please, skip the Uke idea and buy yourself a half decent acoustic guitar instead.

You'll be able to learn a handful of chords almost as quickly and be banging tunes out to sing along to in no time. You'll then have the massive advantage of it not sounding like a Uke !

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
    When considering the purchase of a uke, you must first declare your intentions by shouting as loud as you can....

"UKE HUNT!!!!" Only then can the search begin
    http://ukulelehunt.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X