• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: HA!!!!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HA!!!!!!"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    In UK investment banking, VP = Team lead.

It goes AVP, VP, Director, MD. A director would typically run a few teams.
    Same with insurance, it's another wording for manager.

In cloggers in some of the companies I worked at it was a senior management position

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    In UK investment banking, VP = Team lead.

It goes AVP, VP, Director, MD. A director would typically run a few teams.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    ^This.

A few twit mates of mine went to the US after university to work in banks and everyone flashed their job description on LinkedIn as a VP
    It's just an example of job title inflation....

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    A friend of mine got a job at a large American financial company as a VP, turned out it was just a fancy title, in reality he was just a senior Unix admin
    ^This.

A few twit mates of mine went to the US after university to work in banks and everyone flashed their job description on LinkedIn as a VP

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's two levels up.

Normally goes

Contractor
    Permie
    Team lead
    Manager
    senior Manager
    Director
    Senior Director
    VP
    SVP
    C Level
    CEO

As most of you are at the bottom of the ladder when you look up all you can see is arseholes.
    There is only one big fat arse I can see. The twat is blocking my view.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

As most of you are at the bottom of the ladder when you look up all you can see is arseholes.
    I can see a Coño too

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    It's two levels up.

Normally goes

Contractor
    Permie
    Team lead
    Manager
    senior Manager
    Director
    Senior Director
    VP
    SVP
    C Level
    CEO

You've gone all American. Only in the states is a contractor lowly. Here its where you gone if you want money and have utter contempt for business politics...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    It's two levels up.

Normally goes

Contractor
    Permie
    Team lead
    Manager
    senior Manager
    Director
    Senior Director
    VP
    SVP
    C Level
    CEO

Funny, my business card say's Owner, does that sit above CEO?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    A friend of mine got a job at a large American financial company as a VP, turned out it was just a fancy title, in reality he was just a senior Unix admin

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Isn't a UK Director and US VP analogous? So not really a promotion, just a change in job title
    It's two levels up.

Normally goes

Contractor
    Permie
    Team lead
    Manager
    senior Manager
    Director
    Senior Director
    VP
    SVP
    C Level
    CEO

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Isn't a UK Director and US VP analogous? So not really a promotion, just a change in job title

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    meh

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    To be fair to MF, VP isn't junior management, it's middle management, so, if he's pleased with that, I say good luck to him. Have a banana

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    As near to "Boomed!" as a permie can get

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X