• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Simply the Best Coffee in the World"

Collapse

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Thanks for that, I may give them a try but they will have to be very good for me to change.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Try Coffee Bean Roasters in Guildford. Roasted to order fresh coffee. – Redber Coffee

They are cheaper than Pumphreys ....

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Really? I'd never have thought they came up such a small river.

Unless you mean you had poached salmon at a restaurant
    Yes, it doesn't get as many salmon as The Tyne does, that's the top salmon river in England, but it gets a decent run. Even The Tees gets a run now.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Really? I'd never have thought they came up such a small river.

Unless you mean you had poached salmon at a restaurant

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Durham City is awash with over-educated students... they're the bulk of the custom most of the time!
    Durham City is the finest place I have ever poached salmon. The River Wear just in front of the passport office has loads of them from August to the end of October.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Durham City is awash with over-educated students... they're the bulk of the custom most of the time!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    I'm surprised they don't call it a euphamism
    In Durham? They couldn't even start to spell that word (neither can you either, but we will gloss over that) let alone expect their customers to pronounce it.

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by GlenW View Post
    Since I moved from the North East down to the deep south of West Yorkshire there is only one thing I had to keep getting from back home. Pumphreys coffee, roasted and blended across the river from the site of The Blaydon Races. The Italian High Roast is superb, we get a couple of kilos of these beans and try some of the other more exotic types, Yemen Matari is dreadful, every three weeks or so.

If you like good coffee have a look.
    Ta for that!

I started using 50% coffee and 50% chicory coffees these days, thanks to panic attacks. Will give them a bell to see if they can do a blend for me.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    You can get a 16 incher for £8 here. They tantalisingly call it a "bin lid".
    Probably too far for BDI to drive, even for a cheap pizza.....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    I'm surprised they don't call it a euphamism

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    8 miles.

And 2 for £7 is a great deal. Feeds the family 3 nights. They can even heat their slice up over the candle on days 2 and 3 if they're that way inclined.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    We have you surrounded!
    I'm used to it mate, spend a lot of time working in Halifax. With me being a tight arsed jock, nights out with Barrydidit were always a competition to avoid paying for the taxi and the drinks

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And right on cue, along comes one of Yorkshire's tight arsed finest

You still driving 10 miles a night to get that half price pizza from the Indiano ??
    8 miles.

And 2 for £7 is a great deal. Feeds the family 3 nights. They can even heat their slice up over the candle on days 2 and 3 if they're that way inclined.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    And right on cue, along comes one of Yorkshire's tight arsed finest

We have you surrounded!

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you make the trek to Leeds try Laynes Espresso - Leeds Coffee Shop, one of the best I have ever tasted
    Do they sell beans or just cups of coffee?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X